GoDaddy email and syncing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohla313, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Hi I got a GoDaddy email address and for some reason can't send emails from my iPhone when I check mail. Does anyone have an account and was successful in setting it up?

2. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

I don't know about godaddy but with my network solutions domains I have to use a password to send, go to settings -> mail -> account -> smtp -> primary smtp -> authentication -> password..

also for my username i have to enter my full e-mail address and not just the first username part.. dunno if any of this will help but hopefully..

3. vlug macrumors 6502

I connect to GoDaddy Microsoft Exchange Server which can be problematic is this whta you are trying? if so I cant explain the settings and point you to Apples Exchange server update profile.

If its a POP account I cant help. But the settings for POP are here:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/3423

4. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

For some reason, sending emails only work if I have SSL turned OFF. Incoming works fine secure. Don't know if that helps or if I'm looking for a security issue in the future.

5. vlug macrumors 6502

If you go to my link it explains how to enable SSL.

6. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

thank you so much! You were right! I went into the settings and realized my password has different :rolleyes: oops! thank you again.

But one problem I have is that although my account is set up as imap, deleted messages don't stay synced. So if I delete a message, it'll still be there on my home desktop. And I can't see if I sent out replies on my phone when I did on my desktop.

Any ideas??

7. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I thought go daddy was POP3 not IMAP. That's how it's set on my phone anyway.

8. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

so you also need to delete the msg from your iphone and mailbox? I was able to set it as imap on my phone, but it acts like pop..

9. Sinfire macrumors regular

Doesn't GoDaddy have a FAQ on their site detailing how to setup your email on the iPhone ?

I have no problems with my GoDaddy account, but I have it setup so that when I delete the message on my phone, it does not delete on the server. ( there should be an option in the settings that determines if messages are deleted on the server ).

10. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Their FAQ isn't too helpful. I am able to send and receive pages now but deleting messages is a pain. I checked and don't see any options for what you mentioned.