Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treacle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
metro New York area
I can't seem to get my godaddy outgoing email to work on my iphone. I know I have the right settings and password though I don't see any way to change ports on the iphone and godaddy setup says to change port to 80.

FYI It does work for POP for my godaddy account and my .mac and gmail accounts are working fine.

Thanks in advance.

treacle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
metro New York area
answered it myself

for anyone else that needs this info put :80 after the outgoing server
smtp.secureserver.net:80
turn ssl off
works now!

AkenanM

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I tried all that and it didn't work for me, I eventually saw that we can use cwmx.com:25 and that worked for me.

richsim

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Same problem with Comcast

If you are outside their network and try to use them for outgoing mail, they kick it back. They suggest using port 587 rather than the default 25, but I haven't been able to get that to work.

cwmx.com is AT&T's smtp server -- it will work if you are using EDGE, because that is an AT&T service, but note that it will not work whenever the iPhone switches to wifi.

Until a better solution comes along I'm emailing from my gmail account.

AkenanM

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah, I don't have any wifi spots here so I have to use Edge, fine by me, haven't had any issues with it yet.

dirkslyder

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
I have the free godaddy email account, would I need to buy smtp relays? I tried to do the relay thing but didn't see it except need to by more smtp relays?

Fatassthing

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2007
Solution

I was having the same problem but i eventually fixed it. The solution was as easy as changing the outgoing server to mail.secureserver.net (as apposed to SMTP.secureserver.net).

Teufelaffe

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
turn ssl off
works now!

Actually, the Go Daddy SMTP server is smtpout.secureserver.net.

Depending on your ISP, you may need to specify a port other than the default SMTP port of 25. Try 80, as treacle suggests, or port 3535.

Regarding the use of cwmx.com:25, that is a Cingular Wireless server, not the Go Daddy email server. It's possible that won't really matter, but it could have an impact on your ability to send to any server configured to look for SPF records. Info on SPF records can be found on their site: http://www.openspf.org/Introduction. Like I said, it may have zero impact on you, but it's something to be aware of if you end up going with cwmx.com:25.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Same issue

I have tried all the ports mentioned here on the outgoing server to no avail. The cvmx.com thing also does not work for me. Do I need to turn off the WIFI to get that to work if i am within range of my home router? Does that then force it to use the Edge network?

Thanks

MacPulse Zack

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2002
Jacksonville, FL
Me too...

I've tried all the various settings mentioned here as well.

I simply cannot get my iPhone to send email via GoDaddy's smtpout.secureserver.net

I've tried...

SSL on and off
smtpout.secureserver.net
smtpout.secureserver.net:80
smtpout.secureserver.net:3535
mail.secureserver.net

POP works just fine..

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MyBadCat

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
Same Here

I've tried all the various settings mentioned here as well.

I simply cannot get my iPhone to send email via GoDaddy's smtpout.secureserver.net

I've tried...

SSL on and off
smtpout.secureserver.net
smtpout.secureserver.net:80
smtpout.secureserver.net:3535
mail.secureserver.net

POP works just fine..

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I had the same problem. I tried all of the combinations above and still no luck. Finally I called goDaddy's tech support. They did an 'account reset' on their side, and I was up and running in less than 5 min.

Give them a call, it worked for me.

hissy82

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
Try This For Godaddy Email On Iphone...

...I was having all the same problems as you did, I tried everything on the post, but finally I got it:

- outgoing mail server is: smtpout.secureserver.net

- I logged on to my GoDaddy.com account to manage the email; the smtp relaying was already turned on, but I noticed that my complete email was not listed as the outgoing smtp username. Instead, it was just the local-part of my email--without the domain part (e.g., @godaddy.com)

- make sure to include you password

This will work!!!

stevemul

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
solution with comcast

I went through many of these options and found that, using my wifi network which is connected via comcast, the following worked:
•*smtpout.secureserver.net
•*no colon ":port", rather, enter the port number ONLY in the "port" field of the preference.
•*no SSL;
• password verification

Note that at one point, I had a port number in both places (colon and field) and it caused my iPhone to quit out of mail and return to the home screen.

Swut

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Southern California
Iphone 3g mail works with cox communications or 3g

It took me a while, but my iphone now works with either cox communications or over the AT&T 3g network (Cox blocks ports to preserve their monopoly try to force you to user their email). The instructions on the following link work pretty well:

http://help.godaddy.com/topic/167/article/3423

I had two problems that I had to overcome. First, I thought I had entered all the information I could and second, even though I knew that there should be more outgoing (SMTP) information to enter, it was not clear how/where to enter it. Here's how you do it:

First, go to your Iphone's settings/mail-contacts-calendars/accounts screen. After you have entered your Pop Account Information and Your Incoming Mail Server Information, you still have to reenter the information for your outgoing server (this was not obvious the first time through):

To do this, press the "SMTP" window in the "Outgoing Mail Server" location (if you already synced with outlook, the outgoing server may already be filled in as "smtpout.secureserver.net"). When you press it, a new screen opens up.

On the next screen, click on the box under Primary Server (again it may already be filled in as: "smtpout.secureserver.net"). That will bring up yet another screen. This is the one you really want.

On this screen, fill in the following information:
1. your hostname ("smtpout.secureserver.net"),
2. your Username (name@yourdomain.com),
3. your password,
4. turn "Use SSL" to "On",
5. set Authentication to Password, and
6. set Server Port to 465.

dot2dot

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2009
GoDaddy SMTP and MobileMe

After days of not being able to send mail, I think I have finally identified the culprit... MobileMe. I recently switched from POP to IMAP and non-SSL authentication to SSL authentication. I was not able to send mail for a week.

To fix this problem; I went into Apple Mail (on all my MobileMe devices) and deleted a bunch of old and duplicated SMTP servers. I deleted my IMAP account on my iPhone. I then did a MobileMe sync to include all my mail accounts. (Be sure to catch all your computers before syncing. I deleted IMAP accounts and old SMTP servers on all my computers, except the authoritative big Mac daddy.) I plugged in my iPhone into the new fresh Mac and launched iTunes. I did a Sync to include all mail accounts. (Under the Info tab.) Be sure to check the box to "Replace Information on this iPhone" and check "Mail Accounts". Hit the Apply/Sync button. You should be in business.

cleung

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Hong Kong
I'm having issues with getting my godaddy email set up on my iphone as well. I have it set up as POP on my MBP but want to get it set up as IMAP on my iphone (and subsequently change it to IMAP on my MBP as well).

I followed godaddy's settings and set incoming server to: imap.secureserver.net and outgoing server to smptout.secureserver.net. I've also tried setting my incoming server to imap.xxxx.com since the setting for pop on Mail on my MBP is mail.xxxxx.com.

I don't have issues with just sending. First it kept saying my username or password is wrong for imap.secureserver.net, which I know it's not true. I've triple checked on the typing. Then it says: Secure Connection Failed. The certificate for "name@xxxxx.com" may not be valid. It doesn't matter whether I turn SSL on or not.

My mobileme and gmail accounts are working fine.

Please help! Thanks!

theboss

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2009
I have had the same problem and nothing seemed to work until I tried the following advice on http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm

Their advice was to:

POP3 Server: mail.godaddy.com
Username: your entire GoDaddy Email address (i.e. username@godaddy.com or yourname@yourdomain.com)
Password: your GoDaddy password
Select "No SSL security".
SMTP Server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Username: your entire GoDaddy Email address (i.e. username@godaddy.com or yourname@yourdomain.com)
Password: your GoDaddy password
Select "No SSL security" (Premier/Enterprise editions). If you have trouble using the SMTP server, try setting the port number to 3535
If you have difficulty setting up and/or using the GoDaddy SMTP server (i.e. you get a "501 Authentication failed" message), you may have to set up the relay configuration in your GoDaddy account.

Once I had set the port number to 3535 it worked straight away. Good luck!

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
I would strongly caution against using an e-mail server without SSL support.

If you do, then anyone on the same WiFi network as you can monitor *and alter* any of your mail that passes over the network.

iamlucsdad

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
Solution!

Spent three hours with this yesterday. You have to get GoDaddy to reset your account. Then go to your webmail and empty your inbox. Delete GoDaddy account, reset iPhone and re-install GoDaddy account. Worked for me. Kudos to Hans at GoDaddy.

orvyorvs

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2010
Real Solution

I have tried all these options and none of them works. As a matter of fact i have been trying trying to send emails from my iphone a few years now and i finally found the problem. You must configure your godaddy account settings. Log into your account and change the "SMTP relays per day" settings from 0 to 250. The default is set to 0 which means that you are allowed to send 0 emails/day. Once you change it to 250 then you are allowed to send up 250 emails/day. Try it

lensgraphics

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2016
answered it myself

turn ssl off
works now!
[doublepost=1452253698][/doublepost]OMG OMG OMG!!!! Two months arguing with godaddy and they couldn't help me! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.