GodoSmith Ice Max 3D Protected Nothing

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Mar 10, 2016.

1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've had a GodoSmith Ice Max 3D protector on my phone since October. Initially, I had issue with the protector adhering to the screen, but GodoSmith sent me a replacement which worked great, and I haven't had any problems, until this morning.

I was getting out of my car when my phone slipped out of my pocket (from the sitting position), and my phone hit the asphalt. I saw that the Ice Max 3D was cracked, but I thought to myself, "That's it's job, to crack and protect the iPhone screen."

However, as I began removing the "protector" I noticed something awful: my iPhone's entire LCD was also spiderwebbed. I'm so disappointed that this "tempered glass" with "Safety Protector screen, even the edge: Anti-Shatter Film, If broken, breaks into small pieces that are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products" completely failed.

-Will

P.S. The "anti-shatter Film" is also marketing B.S., as many sharp shards broke off from the incident.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Result 1 drop out of my pocket from the sitting position.

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

So sorry!!

3. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks!

:(

4. nameste macrumors regular

i read your topic last week and ordered 2x ice max for my 6s and 6s plus now this....

5. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Sorry.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I.

6. nameste macrumors regular

i wont cause i always been unlucky with electrical devices ,already tried 2 different benks protectors and both failed i know even i buy imos i will fail with it

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

A protector like this won't prevent your screen from shattering in all possible cases. Do not rely on a screen protector for impact protection. A piece of glass isn't going to change the laws of physics.

8. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Why not? It was blessed with holy water and fortified with unicorn tears. You aren't going to tell me those were wasted money and effort as well, are you?

9. blaine07 macrumors 65816

That thing looks terrible for such a small fall. Looks like it was drug behind car lol.

Sorry for your loss sir

10. Smacky macrumors 6502

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Not saying this story isn't true, but thats the worst single drop result I have ever seen. So many impact points. Do you drive an airplane?

12. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks. Yes, the damage does look bad.

Sadly, I don't commute in a Cessna; it's only a Toyota 4Runner. I believe the initial impact point was the top left corner, but then the phone bounced/slit on the ground.

The damage to the iPhone screen is from that one fall alone.

The damage to the screen protector is from both the fall and removing the protector from the phone. That, of course, caused more damage to the protector itself.