Going back home- to California

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rican, Jul 19, 2008.

1. rican macrumors 6502

rican

Hey everyone, i'm kinda stuck in a dilemma!

I used to live in Southern California,

I moved out of SOCAL to move to Miami , FL.. I love it here in Miami and i go to a good school out here.

My problem is - I misss it back in California. My parents live in Georgia - they just moved there. The reason why I moved to MIA was because I knew my parents were moving to GA and I wanted to be close to them. At least on the same coast...

Now that I think about it, I kind of want to go home & stay on campus at the old school I used to attend.

Do you think that my ideas are solely based on "home sickness"?

p.s. i lived in miami for 4 months now...

any ideas, comments?

thanks

2. Queso macrumors G4

Yes it's homesickness. The old adage that you can never go home again is quite true. Even if you move back to the old geographical location, many of the people that made it what it was will have moved on.

Always look forward, never back.

3. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

Thanks for that... your last choice words inspired me... Thanks man... :eek:

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Good advice.

While it may be helpful to reflect on the past, live in the present and plan for the future. :)

5. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate this help...

I don't know why exactly I feel this way, but I feel like I should go back, even though I enjoy living here in Miami. I just i miss that sense of "knowing my area" and i'm still not used to it here.

6. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Very well put.

While I love California too, it's good to look forward and stay focused (especially when you're going to school). You can always move back one day anyway. Remember, a vast majority of things in life are always temporary.