going back to 3g from 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frunkis54, Apr 16, 2010.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

wow what a difference. i signed up to be a developer the other day working on some app ideas. but i didn't follow the directions right :( when setting up my iphone now it shows to plug in to itunes but itunes directs me to developer page. but anyhow i got tired last night and decided to finish later so i swaped my sim card to my old 3g and wow i don't like it....

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Shocking that people are still saying the 3G -> 3GS update was not a big one huh?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I would definitely be upgrading to a 3GS if the 4g wasn't so close. My 3g is oh so slow and apps often crash due to lack of memory. That TikiTotems program only starts up 1 out of every 20 attempts.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just waiting to see what the HD will actually have, before deciding what to upgrade to.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Imagine going from a 3GS to a 2G :eek:.

I hate using my mom's iPhone whenever mine's out of batteries.:p

7. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

To be honest, it's a nice spec boost but that's it. It would have been nice if devs had really taken advantage of the speed, but sadly they didn't want to lose half their consumer base.

I'm really hoping Apple puts in some new features into the 4G iPhone, ones that will take advantage of the A4 and any other potential bump in specs. It would also be nice to see some more advanced apps to take advantage of the speed. I like the speed, but when it simply comes down to loading an app or a web page a few seconds quicker....it doesn't really seem worth it.

8. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I returned my 3GS and went back to my 2G. I would have regretted keeping it when it felt like the same phone.

One in a million maybe, but there definitely wasn't 450 quid's worth of difference there.

10. imac george macrumors member

imac george

very noticeable difference

my wife has my old 3g and the 3gs is snappier in a side by side.

ps frunkis you need a few more r's in your name. tell yimmy happy b'day!

11. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

The 3G was great in the 2.2 era but ever since 3.0 it has become a lag fest and the RAM keeps getting filled so you have lots of 3rd party apps crash. I've been longing for a 3GS and I will have one very soon. In the process of eBaying right now and it seems like NIB's go between $500-$700 which is a little much...My price range for one is $300-$500 and I'm desperate because once the 4.0 update drops, the 3G will be obsolete.

Also i'm spending more money now to spend less later, I will still get the iPhone "HD" at the subsidized price :)

12. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

God I love my 3G! works great!, boy am I in for a great surprise when I get my iPhone4!

:D

13. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

ridiculous story, but my first white 16 gig 3g was stolen from me at freaking disney world last april so i needed to replace it with another 3g because the 3gs wasn't out yet. I was going to get a 3GS but I wasn't going to pay the data plan for a few months without actually having a phone that could make use of it so I didn't. Most people close to me who have an iphone now have a 3GS and I couldn't believe how much better they work since 3.0

Needless to say, I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on a 4th gen iPhone (hopefully) this June. My tax return is being set aside for it and everything.

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Same here, and mines jailbroken.. I do notice a hint of lag but nothing I can't deal with. I love my JB3G. Can't wait to see what apple comes out with so I can jailbreak it.. lol and call it JBHD..

15. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54