Going back to CS3 question 4 ya'll...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deceptichop, Jun 2, 2009.

1. deceptichop macrumors regular

Ok, here it is. I had the CS3 suite on my MBP for one month. I then upgraded to CS4, and trashed all the CS3 i had left on my HD. Well, now I have to run Illustrator CS3 for some graphic design jobs.

So I popped in my CS3 disc and attempted to do a re-install of just Illustrator. Well, the progress bar for the set up went about 1/8th of the way until it abruptly stopped and gave me a "please insert your CS4 disc to continue the install of CS3" I would do that and then it would just stop and give up and say that there is some sort of error.

So how can I get anything from CS3 back onto my Mac?

thank you in advance

2. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm, no replies here. Can you guys suggest what other forum (s) I can post this question to? thank you

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you completely uninstall CS4 before trying to install CS3. It seems like the installer is getting confused as to what you have. I'd also be sure to delete any CS4 related files in your ~/Library folder and do a search to make sure there's little to know remnants lying around somewhere on your HD

4. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the reply Maflynn. Well, here's the deal. I LOVE CS4 and I want to keep it, however I want to just re-install Illlustrator CS3. And the reason why is because I made artwork in CS3 and that file wont work in CS4. So im trying to just add/re-install CS3 Illustrator. What do you think?

5. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

Why can't you open the CS3 file with CS4? :confused:
    I never really had problems going CS3/CS4 back and forth.

6. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

The Ill file I made in CS3 opens in CS4, however I can not manipulate it. Its all screwed up when I attempt it in CS4. This is why I need to get Ill CS3 back on my HD.