Going back to iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markbrads, Sep 25, 2016.

1. markbrads macrumors member

I'm seriously thinking of going back to my iPhone 6s.

Reasons....

The new home button on the 7 is driving me MAD :mad: Every time I push the button I get Siri :(

Battery life isn't much better.

Screen doesn't seem that different.

Not really different enough to the 6s.

2. lancastor macrumors 6502a

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I tried to do the same thing but they wouldn't give me my 6s back (iup) so I got myself a 6s+. VERY happy with it.

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Adjust your home button accordingly. You are probably using default 2 or 1 setting. Set it to 3 and enjoy. You press it like a regular button, not hold it. Holding it activates Siri like it does on any iOS device.

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

I use my home button the same as I have always used it, with zero issues.

6. markbrads thread starter macrumors member

Tried all the button settings - Just can't get used to it, not through lack of trying.....

7. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

There is no point in going from a 6S to a 7. You're just throwing your money away if you do.

8. markbrads thread starter macrumors member

Not really - I still own my 6s and my 7 is within the 14 day return period.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

He's saying the opposite of what you think he's saying; upgrading the the 7 from the 6s is pointless.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2016 ---
    As far as the home button, I can only assume you're pushing down for too long. I've played wit my wife's 7 and I have yet to accidentally activate Siri. Just do a quick push and you're set.

10. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

I disagree. I feel this will be the biggest day to day change since going from the 3gs to the 4.

11. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I used to feel that way, until I put my 6S side by side with my 7. I turned on the camera app on both, and compared what was shown on the screens and the real objects. The colours were so much more accurate on iPhone 7. It worked particularly well for indoor under warm lighting.

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

How so? What's different? I don't feel there's anything that would make the 7 feel especially different from the 6s. At least with iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s you got Touch ID which was a big change. I'd say that's a way bigger change than going from the 6s to 7.

13. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I understand if you want to switch back. It's not a huge upgrade to me either. But I still enjoy the 7 plus. But do we really need another thread. Couldn't we just have read you reason in one of the many other threads currently here. But I'm glad you like your decision. In the end that's all that matters is what you think not what everyone else thinks.

14. aohus macrumors 68000

bear in mind that a lot of ip7 buyers are coming from an iphone 6. just putting some perspective...

15. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I agree on all points.

For me the most annoying thing is the Haptic home button. Having tried all the settings over several days, it's just not up to the standard Apple has set in the past.

Yet I do understand that Apple knows its customers well, has a great deal of control and influence over them (as witnessed here) and therefore the company knows most of the faithful would never question anything Apple does. A normal phenomenon in the closed garden of Apple, but one that only benefits the company.

That said, there's a slow building undercurrent of discontent with the odd button. One that is surfacing on Twitter, Facebook and more. Who knows, perhaps they will take a look at this bizarre button and make some significant changes to it before it's implemented on the upcoming 10th anniversary iPhone.

16. Ngamtns706 macrumors regular

To me the home button feels a lot more natural now that iOS 10 is here. Or the old home button didn't feel natural with iOS 10

17. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

People will get over the home button just like people got over the new click wheel in 2004. A lot of people didn't like it at first.

18. Mr_Killjoy Suspended

Mr_Killjoy

I wasn't particularly impressed with either option. Using an SE happily right now, with a pile of cash saved.

19. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

Probably a stupid question, but here goes: If you don't like the home button now, what are you going to do when the iPhone 8 comes out? You know it will have the same button.

20. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

There can only be change if customers voice their feelings. Apologizing, though, will change nothing.

21. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

But we don't know if people are complaining to Apple about this or not. People might even be telling them how much they like it. We just don't know. I don't mind either home button.

22. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Well, there's the obvious one about the camera, which as I love taking photos is a big deal to me. Beyond that the screen is a very underrated feature IMO. In my brief time comparing the 7+ screen to the 6s+, the difference is night and day. The screen feels much more punchy, colorful and there is a ton less light bleed (at least from what I can tell). Beyond that I think the home button and speakers will be nice upgrades as I've always hated the clicky feel of the home button but I know that's just me. A big change for me is that the loss of the headphone jack has pushed me into wireless headphones and while obviously you could do wireless headphones before, like I said, necessity pushed me into it and I absolutely love the convenience (and that's coming from someone who has a $10k+ sound system so for sure an audiophile)...and lastly the introduction of the jet black color sealed it. I've grown very bored of the matte look and the Jet Black is an absolute beauty and the grip is fantastic.

23. RodDavies macrumors regular

RodDavies

Battery life "settles".

Have you gone to settings/general/accessibility/home button and enable "Rest to Open"? That makes home button function exactly like on the iPhone 6