Going back to the Plus! (I think)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hdub32, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Hdub32 macrumors newbie

When the iPhone 6 originally came out I went for the plus. After a few days I thought it was way too big and just didn't give me the iPhone experience I was used to. Now after 5 months or so, and seeing other people with the plus, I think I wanna go back.

To you plus owners... Is the app experience better now? When I had it most apps looked weird and blown up.

What do you guys think...should I go back?

2. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

All the apps I used looks like it's made for it. Havent come across an app yet that looks like it's not fitting.

If you like the plus, I say go for it.

3. Hdub32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear! I think ill be stopping by the store tomorrow.

4. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Awesome :cool: hope you'll find more enjoyment with it this time around

5. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. Now my wife has the 6 and I have the 6+. I am glad that I went back to the +. All the apps I use (not many) look perfect on it.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Owning the Plus will have one less looking to upgrade when the S comes out. I'm not planning on it.

Food for thought.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Considering that the Plus has more issues than the 4.7", and that it is more affected by the lack of RAM, I disagree.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Ah, another thread that you're spread FUD in about the 6 Plus. The OP wanted to know if current apps fit the screen better now as that was his issue and not anything that you've mentioned. Please stay on topic, or shall the moderator get involved since you feel the need to continually trash the iPhone 6 Plus in every thread?

@ The OP, I've had my 6 Plus since the day of release. I've never experience apps not properly fitting the screen. You didn't state what apps you were referring to. I will say that after near 6 months most developers should have native iPhone 6 Plus apps available so go ahead and take the plunge again. :)

9. Hdub32 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I told my wife that I wanted to go back she said. "I knew you would, you should of gave it a chance to begin with". She is right lol

----------

I don't remember exactly which ones to be honest. I do remember Google search acting really weird and buggy but in sure that's been fixed. Thanks for the reply!

10. barrikade macrumors member

Google Search has been fine for me on the plus for the last 3 months. Time to dooooo eeeeeet!

11. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Glad you said something. I went round with him before in another thread. If you say something positive he accuses you of praising Apple but feels he can keep singing the same song over and over and over.

12. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth, I did essentially the same thing. After a lot of long and hard thinking I pre-ordered a 6 for delivery on launch day. I was happy with it, but I kept eyeing the 6 pluses in the stores and about two weeks after launch day I happened to find a 6 plus in stock at my apple store and I bought it. I used it for about a week and then returned it. I loved the screen size, but I thought the phone was too big and heavy and I didn't like the ridiculously large scaled up apps.

I went back to the 6 and was happy with it for another few months, then I started looking at 6 pluses in the stores again and wondering if I had been too hasty with my decision the first time. About a month ago I gave in and bought another 6 plus.

This time was quite different. A lot of apps have been updated to take advantage of the new screen size (although there are still a lot that haven't been yet). The size and weight didn't bother me nearly as much this time either. I think when I first tried the 6 plus I was still used to my 5S and it was a pretty big jump... this time I was used to the 6, so it wasn't quite as big of a jump. In any case, I've been using the 6 plus for the last month now and I sold my 6 about two weeks ago and I haven't looked back once.

For what it's worth, I got a refurb 64G 6 plus from the ATT online store for $722 and sold my 64G 6 for $640, so it didn't cost me too much to do the upgrade.

13. JackieInCo macrumors 601

You know, there are still apps to this day that have not been updated to fit the 5S screen size.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I honestly believe more folks end up getting the Plus who initially had the 6 than vice versa.

15. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I had a launch day 6 that I still have but bought a 6 Plus a couple of months ago. I've only used the 6 once since that time. The Plus is awesome.

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Why would you care, unless you own Apple stocks?
    As for my "continually trashing the 6 Plus in every thread" that is factually incorrect. I chime in with my personal opinion, based upon personal experience of said product, whenever it is relevant to the thread. I post in many threads, and offer positive/neutral/helpful/negative input. Pretty standard forum activity really. You seem to get your knickers in a twist when anyone dare find fault with a device you own.

17. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Even though I hate safari reloading and IOS 8 general bugginess I love my 6+ and haven't looked back.

Huge screen great battery optical stabilizer for shots.

It's mostly a dream I look forward to the IOS 8 version of 7.1 butteryness and will be staying put!

18. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I have the 6 and when I received it I was coming from the 5S and it felt huge to me at first nut now the 6 just feels anywhere from normal to slightly small. I just ordered the 6 plus so I'm hoping that I adjust to the size fairly quickly cause otherwise I might go back to the 6.

19. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

How do you get to just keep switching phones?

20. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Im about to do the same. Bought the 6 just after launch. changed to the plus. Couldn't handle it and went back to the 6. Now im gonna get the plus again. More than likely ill pass my 6 to my girlfiend and sell her 5s. The benefits offered by the plus really hit you when you back track, especially the screen real estate and battery life.

I set peoples phones up for them all day long, and handling the plus so much the last few months (we sell a truck load of the plus in our store) i really miss it. I just have to put up with the constant "i told you so" from my colleagues who told me it was stupid to ditch the plus to begin with.

21. mjschabow macrumors 65816

I have nothing scientific here, but I will say that my 6 runs so much smoother than my 6 Plus ever did. I don't know if it's the RAM or what, but just my personal experience. With that said, if they can make some improvements on the next installment of the 6 Plus in September, I'd be open to it again.

22. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I thoroughly enjoy my Note 4 and Note Edge phones and would never give them up. With that in mind, I just now ordered a 6+ that will be delivered tomorrow.

I will always love iPhones simply because I pay for iTunes Match and have all my music in the cloud plus thousands of TV shows purchased in iTunes and several hundred movies.

I also have all my iTunes music uploaded to the Google cloud so I have it all there on my Android phones too. I just don't buy music or movies and shows on the Play Store. I prefer iTunes for all that.

23. zone23 macrumors 68000

Just one thing to keep in mind is the size of the phone has not changed. If you thought it was too big before it may still seem that way once you get your hands on it again. I love mine but at times I still wish it was the size of the 5s.

24. JackieInCo macrumors 601

There are times when using apps like Facebook where the screen was just too small. Trying to look at pictures that people posted sometimes on that small screen made it impossible to see what was going on in the picture. I got used to carrying a phone with a bigger screen at the same time I carried the 5S for that reason.

25. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Typical post of someone with an agenda.

No it's not. I've checked your other postings, and another member on this thread said the same thing about your antics. Especially in this thread where the OP was asking only about apps that properly fit the 6 Plus's screen size. He never once asked about problems but you made sure to add something that wasn't asked about.

You sure do. Won't argue that. :rolleyes:

With the last one being the constant in many threads.

Once again, typical attacking post of someone with an agenda.