going from 15.4 inch screen to 13.3 screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mathewr, Nov 1, 2007.

1. mathewr macrumors 6502

Hi, I am about to make my first mac purchase and im my major concern is the screen size. Right now im using a laptop with the 15.4 inch screen and im concerned about moving to the 13.3. I prefer to save 500 because thats the difference in the macbook and the macbook pro. Has anyone moved from a 15inch screen to 13 inch screen and has it been an annoyance? Thanks

2. D4F Guest

D4F

On my PC i had a 24 inch monitor.
    I moved to Macbook, bought the mini DVI and... I am not sure if I used it more than 5 times.

For some reason I love this screen.
    I would give it a try first tho at a store or something.

But for $200 you can get a nice 20-21 inch monitor so you have 2 in 1 and $300 in your pockets.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I have to say that when I use my mbp as a true notebook (in class, on a train, etc), the screen size is actually a non-issue. The larger screen makes trackpad usage a pain and also draws more power. However, when I'm using my macbook pro at home parked with a keyboard and mouse, the larger screen is nice. Thus, get an external screen and a macbook. You'll find it easier when traveling, and the larger screen at home will give you the comfort that's need for longer projects.

4. mathewr thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you both of you for ur help. what monitor do you reccomend?

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

See my sig and avatar. I tried 3 other displays - didn't like the DPI. Got the ACD. Fell in love with it. It might be a bit expensive for your needs, so I would therefore recommend the Dell displays - they are very good.