Going from 15" classic MBP to 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Jun 10, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I really want to do it.

What do you think? I had an early 2008 macbook pro but I want to sell it and downsize, I love my parent's unibody Macbook and unibody styling.

I've had a whitebook before (1st gen), and 1280x800 didn't bother me that much. Also, I upgraded to 4GB from 2GB (cheap deal going at the time) and the base mbp 13" has only 2gb of ram but I don't think for my purposes it will really matter. I got the aluminum macbook right next to my macbook pro and much prefer the styling. Should I go for it? Slight downgrade in terms of cpu speed and hd space but I think it's almost moot, plus I'll probably get an SSD when they're cheaper.

2. sclough macrumors regular

I think it's up to you. If you want the 13.3 form factor and don't mind the glossy screen (not like you really have any long term options there anyway), then pull the trigger. The new uMBP 13.3" is probably going to feel just as fast and can handle 8GB or RAM now which is way more than enough these days...

3. jreuschl macrumors 6502

I just did exactly what you were thinking of doing. I bought a Mac in Nov 08, refurbished classic MBP, and would have bought the 13" Unibody had it had a Firewire port, which I need for both video editing and for diag purposes.