Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

narsx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Well i just jailbroke my first 3G for the first time using redsnow, pretty easy. Now i want to do my 2G iPhone thats on 2.1 firmware, is there anything special or can i just use this tutorial?

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

If so, then it should be a breeze, already did a backup on my 2G since thats my main phone, and the 3G is going to replace it, but before i sell it wanted to make sure its all updated.

Also how do i transfer the stuff i backed up onto the 3G?

narsx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Yes that tutorial will do the 2G for you on 3.0...when you hookup your 3G to iTunes you can restore from a backup...

Cheers.

-J.-

awesome thanks, and should i take out my tmobile sim card before this process on the 2G?

narsx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
okay when i connected my 3g to itunes, did a restore backup, and it asked me to sync my google account, i thought this was my gmail email account. well it turned out to transfer all my email addresses to my contacts so i had a crap load of unwanted contacts.

if i did a backup of my old 2g, where is all the info, did it not do it right? its on 2.1 and unlocked and jailbroken of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.