Going from 2006-2007 White Macbook to 2012 15" RMBP..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Iusername20, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Iusername20 macrumors regular

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

Omg wow that's amazing you have used your MacBook for that long . Did you do any updates or battery replacements for it before deciding to get the retina MacBook?

4. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

hahah slightly faster???? dude, my white macbook is probably slower than the dell i pull out of my closet collecting dust. Its very old and worn out. Left shift key is broken, videos dont load properly, among various other issues.

----------

Cant remember what was done so far in the past but abotu a year ago i got a battery replacement. Then i got an iphone 5 and had to update the OSX to which was a process initself. Since then it has been unbearably slow, like not useable.

5. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Safari should be snappier.

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Slightly? Lolz...

7. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

Really? I was under the impression that a Macbook SHOULD last that long :confused:

OP - Prepare your eyes for prettiness! :D

8. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

I think they should last that long but I have found many people here upgrade more of than that. I know someone who buys a new macbook every year and sells their old one to keep up with technology. I was just impressed. I just get a kick out people who use their machines for that long. I occasionally check out the PPC forums to see who still got those machines still kick and what they are using them for. I'm kind of a historical-tech geek. :D

9. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

I like to see it too. When something is that expensive, it should be kept alive for as long as possible! I haven't got one yet but plan to within the next year probably. I'm gonna aim for 10 years :D

10. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

OP, are you a heavy computer user?

I wonder if anyone has a Apple laptop they have used a lot every day for a period of 5-6 years! I think most people think it gets unbearable slow after 2-3 years...

it makes you wonder. because I remember Macs used to be long lasting as hell.

11. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I used my PowerBook G4 for about that long on a near-daily basis before I got my 2011 iMac and an Air last year after the revision.

For the most part, for my uses, it was quite useable. Granted, it did somewhat choke on heavy multimedia, but I think depending on your uses, you can use a piece of tech like that for 5 years.

It also comes down to how you maintain your Mac as well.

12. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

A couple of small differences, nothing major.

;)

Until I got the current 13" the day it came out in June, I'd been using my BlackBook for four years. It still runs perfectly well: one could still use it without a problem. I upgraded when I heard that Apple dropped it from ML. No reason why someone could not use it daily today or in a couple of years.