Going from 8 to 16 gb???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darkstep, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Darkstep macrumors newbie

I want to upgrade from my 8 gb iPhone and go to 16 my question does apple provide any type of like paying the difference? I just don't want to go out and buy a new one again since I already bought the 8 gb new and be stuck with 2 phones, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you!

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

outside of 30 days you cant return it.

3. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

If you bought it from AT&T, you can return it within 30 days, pay a 10% restocking fee for the privilege, and then buy your 16GB. I would imagine, but don't know, that Apple would have a similar policy. Outside of those 30 days, though, you're outta luck as far any kind of trade-up or discount. And if you sell the 8GB phone, you'll find yourself paying full price for the 16GB when you go to purchase it. Hopefully you'll get enough for the older one to make up the difference. You may also want to ask first if AT&T will zap you with a fresh 24-month contract, too. Their policy is "anytime you activate an iPhone on an account, you incur a 24-month contract", as I recently found out in an admittedly somewhat different situation. Good luck.

4. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

What if I bought the phone at ATT? Apple Store is much closer to me and the customer service is AWFUL at ATT.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008