Going from a 6+ to 8+, so what accessories do I need

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sakau2007, Sep 24, 2017.

1. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

I am coming from a 6+ and have not bought any accessories for my iPhone in the last 3 years as the 6+ was a pretty big leap forward at that time.

But a lot has changed in the Apple Ecosystem since that time, so I guess I am asking which accessories I "need" to really get the most out of my new 256GB iPhone8+ :)

No headphone jack so I'll need a way to play music. Probably want a way to fast charge and/or wirelessly charge, etc. Also, can any 7+ case fit the 8+? There is a specific case I used for my 6+ that also worked with my bike mount so I think if I could get that brand/variety of case that fits the 7+... if that would work for my 8+ that is the case I would go with.

Anything else I need?

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Wireless charger will be cheaper than the fast charge. But for fast charging you need at least a 29 watt usb-c charger and a usb-c to lightning cable.

Most cases should work through wireless charging so nothing to worry about there. You get a dongle included in the box to listen to music with. Airpods are always an option if you want bluetooth at a decent price (150 usd). That's all you really need

3. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I should also ask... will my old 6+ case work with the new 8+, or are they not compatible?

4. Capeto macrumors regular

Capeto

The 8+ has the dual camera, so remember that the case needs to have that longer space on the camera opening.

5. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Cough. :)