Going from a large screen to the Iphone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chacolo, Apr 10, 2016.

1. chacolo macrumors member

Hello,
    just moved from a Moto X (5.2" AMOLED 1080p) to the Iphone SE. Everything is much smaller and it is kind of difficult to be accurate (to tap icons). I do not think I have big fingers ;)

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

3. aohus macrumors 68000

you'll get used to it. i came from a 5.5 inch 6+ and grew accustomed to it after a couple days.

4. bufffilm, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016

bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Why did you make the switch then?

You knew the SE had a 4" screen.

5. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Give it a day or two. It took that long for me to get used to it from my 6s.

6. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

And I will say this. I love the SE much more than I ever liked the 6s. The battery life and one handed use is amazing. Same camera and A9

7. chacolo thread starter macrumors member

I like the size.

8. SurFaceMac, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  9. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I'm moving from my 5.7" Nexus 6P to the SE, but I've already gotten used to playing around with my old 5S again. Took about a week, but now it feels pretty natural again. Was bizarre at first, though.

10. KiXeR macrumors member

KiXeR

Haha i´m dooing same thing soon, just waiting for some store to get 64G Space Grey in stock.

11. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

You better move on it the second you see availability. It doesn't last long!

12. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

It's been over a week now and I am completely used to the 4" screen, it's like I never had the 5.5" 6S Plus.

13. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

Are none of you worried in the slightest that iOS 10 will use 3D Touch much more significantly? That's a consideration for me, as I think about the SE.

14. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I used 3D touch a few times the day I got my 6S Plus, then a few times accidentally months later. I am not worried about my SE not having it.

15. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I'm finding via first hand experience with my Nexus 5X vs my iPhone SE, that it's the Nexus 5X with it's gorgeous 5.2" display that's the ideal "Pocket Size Smartphone" for my preferences.

While I was certainly aware of the SE's tiny size before I bought it, I'm a firm believer in buying the product and trying it out before judging based on others opinions. And yes, I've also had every iPhone model since the original, yet I eagerly abandoned my 5S when the iPhone 6 Plus became available.

So I've come full circle with handsets of every size, in each increment... from my tiny original iPhone thru various Androids up to 6.4". My favorite size for all around usefulness, speed and efficiency is a 6.0" handset. Both my Nexus 6 and Ascend Mate 8 are stellar examples of what a flagship smartphone can do.

16. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Well, as others have posted after me...it may take a short period of adjustment to acclimate to the smaller screen.

If you bought the phone thru Apple you do have a return period. From other places, that might not be the case.

17. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Note 5 to SE. The SE is a sigh of relief. Took me a few days to get used to typing and seeing small text but I'm now completely happy with my decision. My son was jealous of my new phone and was tired of his iPhone 4 as a iPod Touch so I managed to find him a mint 5S 16GB with Spigen Case for $60....and then I found a 6+ for $80. I need to keep looking for more deals. But he is 6 years old and just happy to have a phone that looks like dad's :p. Plus he can actually do stuff on it now due to the A7 being up to par to handle games.

But seriously, everday when I leave the house, I have to check and make sure I have my SE on me, b/c with phones like the Note or 6+ you're always carrying it b/c there is no where to put it, so you know you have it. Also the battery life put my Note 5 on Android M to shame. Especially standby time. Miss the gorgeous QHD screen of the Note though. But if Apple stuck a little higher res screen in the SE for the next gen and I lost an hour of battery life I would still be happy.

18. SurFaceMac, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  19. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I could not care less about 3D touch.

20. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Same here.

21. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

No iPad uses 3D touch. Anyway, accessibility options will always exist. It would be a repetitive strain injury suit waiting to happen.

22. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

That's true now, but the figures will change after the iPhone 7 (presumably) comes out later this year. I highly doubt they'll make it without 3D Touch. If so, that'd be really lame.

I'm leaning towards hanging on to my 6S, at the moment, even though the size and comfort of the SE are awesome to me. I just feel like I don't want to lose money trading out my phone every year, much less every 6 months! We'll see what the 7 brings. I think if they reduce bezel and increase battery life, I'll definitely get it.

23. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Then buy the size phone you like.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You basically just told me that smaller phones are smaller....

....which is awesome, because I hadn't even considered that!