Carrier Going from AT&T to Verizon, 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IBradMac, Feb 22, 2017.

1. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I have an iPhone 7+ currently on AT&T and want to go to Verizon. AT&T unlocked it for me and I've restored to factory default and have gotten the message in iTunes that the unlock was successful. Now I go on the Verizon website and it says my phone is not able to be used on the Verizon wireless network. It has been about 8 hours since restore so I feel like I have waited long enough. My model number is MN572LL/A and it doesnt appear to be on the "cannot switch over list" Any advice?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

AT&T phone cannot be used on Verizon. You will need to get a phone from Verizon.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I suggest selling the 7 Plus you currently have as it will not work on Verizon network due to the lack of CDMA. Then get the 7 Plus from VZW.

4. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

--- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    Thank you.

5. CoriG macrumors 6502

You can take it back to apple and they will switch it out for you.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    Check out my post in the thread "has anyone rolled the dice with att retention yet - I outlined how you do it.

6. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

The swap only applies to those who are enrolled in the iPhone Upgrade Program. If you got the phone from AT&T, you can probably do a trade in with Verizon.

OP - probably best for you to go into a physical store and speak to a rep in person. But you need a Verizon CDMA compatible phone to switch.

7. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I sold my iPhone 7 plus 128 GB for $730 on Craigslist. Then went to the Apple Store and bought the same phone Sim free. Switched to Verizon and haven't looked back ! Screw those guys. I didn't care taking a $200 lost longest I was out of att high prices.

8. imlynxy macrumors 65816

The best way is to sell ip7+ on Swappa or if you don't mind on Craiglist. After that I recommend you to buy SIM unlocked directly from Apple. This way it be easier to ask VZ to waive 30 dollars activation fee.