going from beta channel to stable

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by cromestant, Nov 5, 2014.

1. cromestant macrumors member

I have been testing Yosemite since the first developer preview, but now want to remain on the stable channel. Is there a way to switch?
    I tried downloading from apps tore but I still see the beta as an update.

2. j800r macrumors 6502

I'm bumping this thread, rather than starting one of my own. I'm also curious.

I thought the beta program only lasted until the release of Yosemite yet it turns out i'm getting access to beta updates.

I guess my own question would be how can i determine i'm on the release version of Yosemite right now and if i'm not is there a way i can leave the beta program and stick with stable without reformatting my HDD.

I'm guessing for now I am on the stable release as the Feedback Tool is not there anymore so perhaps all I need to do is just leave the beta program and i'll get regular stable updates?

3. cromestant thread starter macrumors member

what I'm thinking is that we are on both with our apple ID.. basically installed on stable but can jump to unstable.

4. j800r, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

j800r macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's my current suspicion too. I only wanted to get early access to Yosemite, lol. Now it's released I don't care.

**update**

I worked it all out. Just go here and follow these instructions: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

5. grahamperrin, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014