iPod touch Going from iOS4 to iOS 6.1.2 on iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ommid, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Ommid macrumors 6502

Hi all

I want to update my iPod as above so that I can perform an untethered jailbreak using evasi0n.

I know that 6.1.3 isn't jailbreakable (untethered) so have downloaded iOS 6.1.2 which I believe is an untethered solution.

I just wanted to ask if someone could advise me how I can install this without iTunes prompting that it can't verify the ipsw.

I remember that this used to be done by modifying the iTunes file to point at cydia's servers but it has been a few years since I did a jailbreak and wanted to check if there is now different methods around?

Thanks in advance!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You can only do that if you have full blobs/SHSH's

Did you save them manually? If not you cannot go to 6.1.2 and only the tethered 6.1.3 JB is available.

If you do have full blobs you can use the latest redsn0w or sn0wbreeze to restore to 6.1.2.

The host file must point to apple again, pointing it to Cydia is for 4.x and lower.

3. Ommid thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response.

The iPod is currently on OS 4.3.3 and has never been upgraded or downgraded so I wouldn't have the SHSH/Blobs I don't think? :confused:

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Cydia does save them automatically, but on 6.0-6.1.2 there is a problem, so if you did not save them yourself your SOL and 6.1.3 is the only option

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Because Redsn0w has never been fully updated for iOS6, if you do find you have complete SHSH for any version of iOS6, use Sn0wbreeze to update, not Redsn0w.

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

True

7. Ommid thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have the blobs, contemplating what to do, looks like semi-tethered 6.1.3 is my only choice.

Thanks anyway though! :)

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Correct, it not that much of a hassle, just in the initial setup when installing lots of tweaks and need to reboot, much only need a respring