Going from iPad 4 to iPad Pro ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheLondonFella, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

And can't wait!

If you're upgrading to an iPad Pro, which iPad are you coming from?

2. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

If I were to purchase an iPad Pro, it wouldn't be so much an upgrade of my mini 2 as a supplement. It certainly couldn't replace my mini for reading and such on the go, but I am intrigued by the idea of a larger device for diagraming and note taking.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

IF I decide to go to the Pro (and the odds are highly in that corner) it will be from an iPad Mini 2 and an iPad Air. The deciding factors will be when I get my hands on an iPad Pro and a Pencil and actually see that its as hot as the reviews are saying and how comfortable doing the things I was doing on the iPad Mini are with a 6S+. If the Plus handles all my need to be super portable and the Pro is as good as they say, its a go. If not, I'll just get another iPad Air

4. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

You'll wait it out for the Air 3?

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

that's part of what I am considering the 6S Plus for. I want the camera anyway so why not see if its good enough. I've already got a very nice quote from Gazelle for the iPads

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

My current Air is fine, why update something that is working.

7. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

"If the Plus handles all my need to be super portable and the Pro is as good as they say, its a go. If not, I'll just get another iPad Air" ... ?

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

didn't say I'd get it right away

9. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I was attracted to a larger phone for the reasons you describe. But I want to be able to comfortably read PDFs on my portable device, and for me the 6+ is a little too small.

10. tillsbury macrumors 65816

I tend to skip, so I went from ipad1 to 3 to Air and now Pro. I did get an ipad2 for the kid ages ago (now sold), and the ipad 1 was given away to a friend. The ipad3 will go up for sale this week, and the Air will get restored as the "family" ipad most likely. Not absolutely sure, as the Pro is a much better "sharing" ipad and I might just keep the Air by the bed once I've got over this size thing. On the other hand, the Air now feels way too small...