Going from iPhone 6 / 6 Plus to iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by serialiphoneuser, Sep 16, 2017.

  1. serialiphoneuser, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

    serialiphoneuser macrumors regular

    Sep 21, 2016
    Are you considering upgrading to iPhone X from iPhone 6 or 6+? or will you wait for iPhone X 2nd Gen?
  2. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

    Sep 7, 2010
    I intend to go from my current 6 to the X. Why wait for the next gen? It's a substantial upgrade.
  3. bambooshots macrumors 65816


    Jul 25, 2013
    Other than the form factor, going from the 6/6 Plus to the 8/8 Plus is a significant upgrade.
  4. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020


    Feb 15, 2015
    My iPhone 6 works great, no lag and great battery life. Only 6% battery wear.

    But yes don't want a 6SSSS, so ill be buying the X
  5. iapplelove macrumors 601


    Nov 22, 2011
    East Coast USA
    I also own a 6 plus, 3 years old this month.

    I dropped it a few months ago and broke the screen but the phone still works flawless. Battery still very good.

    I can warrant an upgrade just not sure if I should save some money and buy a 7 plus or go all in with the X. The 8 plus didn't really do much for me considering the price isn't too far off from the X.
  6. AidenL macrumors 6502

    Jan 19, 2013
    6 plus here also, very ready to change.....
  7. pete480 macrumors regular


    Sep 11, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 6+ and will go to the X or next years equivalent. The old 6+ is still going strong.
  8. RobinInOR macrumors 6502a


    Sep 14, 2014
    Yup, I'm a 6+ going to an X as well. Will keep it to run some old 32 bit apps that wont transfer. Havent had any problems with it, but I'll leave it on 10.3.3

    I have it in a folio case - i find it a bit wide. Looking forward to a narrower phone with a similar sized screen
  9. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020


    Feb 15, 2015
    Same leaving it on iOS 10
  10. enduro0125 macrumors regular


    Apr 9, 2012
    Going from a Six plus back to a standard size 8.

    See if I regret going back to the small screen but I'm not convinced on the X just yet.

    Maybe next years release I'll go for an LED screen.
  11. bbj77 macrumors newbie

    Oct 28, 2014
    Going from 6+ to 8+. I'll trade the 8+ next year for XI? XS?
  12. saxman211 macrumors regular


    Jun 12, 2010
    I have a 5s.. LOL.. and crazily... I'm not too intrigued to buy a new iPhone... The iPhone 8 had no physical upgrade and only upgraded with wireless technology... The X just has face ID and is crazy expensive.. I'm disappointed
  13. Starfyre macrumors 68030


    Nov 7, 2010
    I felt so much shame when someone said they were going to upgrading to the 8... from an iPhone 5S.

    Currently leaning on going for the X, if Face ID will be setting the stage for the next decade (absent of Touch ID), I think it's pretty safe to say get an X and not get an 8. Being so into the smaller form factor, I think the X being able to pack all the advantages of a plus into it, and including a bit more has more value. Photography also being a factor, I was sick of all the smaller non-Plus models prior to the 7 not having any optical image stabilization... will be looking forward to better photography in the next two months...

    Though I will have to say if Touch ID comes back in-display as a successor to the iPhone X in combination with Face ID. I may be forced to sell the X and get that newer model just because I really wanted in display Touch ID this year and all leaks pointed to Apple wanted to get it in there, but failed... which I think is why the shipping timeline was so skewed. There probably wouldn't even be an iPhone 8 if they were able to successfully get Touch ID integrated with the OLED display in the X.
  14. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

    Oct 27, 2012
    Went from 6 + to SE and dont regret it. SE is an upgrade and runs smoother/faster while taking better pictures.

    I will probably end up getting a XS next year, the SE can hold me down.
  15. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

    Sep 12, 2015
    Nope, I have a 6s+ and will not be moving to the X. I am not paying $1149 for something that has no better specs than other phones out and the notch is hideous. I will keep my 6s+
  16. nouveau_redneck macrumors 6502

    Sep 16, 2017
    I have a 6s+ and am upgrading to the 8+. Significantly better camera, brighter display, cpu, etc. I would not even consider the X, as that notch is such a nasty blemish. 8+ looks great though!
  17. txjeep macrumors member

    Jan 19, 2009
    That's my plan as well.
  18. Sneakz macrumors 65816


    Jul 17, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    6 Plus to 8 Plus for me. If there is a X Plus next year, I'll get that maybe.

Share This Page

17 September 16, 2017