Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richy d

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
I currently have an iPod touch 5th generation which I use along side an HTC phone. I literally only use my phone for email and calls and iPod for all music as well as various apps.

Im thinking that I may be better off selling these two and just getting an iPhone 6 so that Im only carrying one device. The only thing I am slightly concerned about is battery life as I do listen to a lot of music throughout the day on my iPod.

Has anybody else replaced their ipod touch for an iphone... how was it?

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I currently have an iPod touch 5th generation which I use along side an HTC phone. I literally only use my phone for email and calls and iPod for all music as well as various apps.

Im thinking that I may be better off selling these two and just getting an iPhone 6 so that Im only carrying one device. The only thing I am slightly concerned about is battery life as I do listen to a lot of music throughout the day on my iPod.

Has anybody else replaced their ipod touch for an iphone... how was it?

I use my iPhone 5S for music at least 5-6 hours at work each day. This is both steaming and listening to my own music. I do surf the web and make a few calls. I'm not a huge gamer. I charge my phone over night each night without any issues.

richy d

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
I use my iPhone 5S for music at least 5-6 hours at work each day. This is both steaming and listening to my own music. I do surf the web and make a few calls. I'm not a huge gamer. I charge my phone over night each night without any issues.

So approx what % battery do you have at the end of the day? (I also listen about 5 hrs a day and don't make many calls, so you are a good barometer)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area

And I'd just note that the iphone 6 generally does even better, battery-wise, than the 5S. So I suspect the OP would be just fine.

Rachel Faith

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Iowa
I used to carry two or three little battery packs with my 5s.

With the 6 plus, I never need one, use it far more than I did the 5s and now my ipad sits unused. The 6 plus IS an ipad mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.