Going from iPod Touch + phone to iPhone only

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richy d, Mar 11, 2015.

1. richy d macrumors member

I currently have an iPod touch 5th generation which I use along side an HTC phone. I literally only use my phone for email and calls and iPod for all music as well as various apps.

Im thinking that I may be better off selling these two and just getting an iPhone 6 so that Im only carrying one device. The only thing I am slightly concerned about is battery life as I do listen to a lot of music throughout the day on my iPod.

Has anybody else replaced their ipod touch for an iphone... how was it?

2. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I use my iPhone 5S for music at least 5-6 hours at work each day. This is both steaming and listening to my own music. I do surf the web and make a few calls. I'm not a huge gamer. I charge my phone over night each night without any issues.

3. richy d thread starter macrumors member

So approx what % battery do you have at the end of the day? (I also listen about 5 hrs a day and don't make many calls, so you are a good barometer)

4. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

My phone comes off the charger around 9:00 am. It's back on the charger around 10 pm with 15-20% battery left.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

And I'd just note that the iphone 6 generally does even better, battery-wise, than the 5S. So I suspect the OP would be just fine.

6. Rachel Faith macrumors regular

Rachel Faith

I used to carry two or three little battery packs with my 5s.

With the 6 plus, I never need one, use it far more than I did the 5s and now my ipad sits unused. The 6 plus IS an ipad mini.