going from ipod touch to ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRekz, Mar 5, 2011.

1. TheRekz macrumors regular

I am starting to think whether I should sell my ipod touch 4th generation and buy the latest ipad. What do you guys think? With the ipod touch I can't read pdf's and with ipad I can... Has anyone went towards this step before?

2. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

Keeping my iPod Touch 4G

I have an iPod Touch 4G and I will definitely keep it even after I get an iPad 2. I carry the Touch with me constantly. If I'm waiting somewhere, I can listen to music, watch video, or play games. I agree that PDFs and ebooks are challenging to read on the small screen and I'm looking forward to switching most of my reading to the bigger iPad screen. But the Touch has it's place and I will still use it to discreetly check my emails during meetings, look something up while I'm talking to a colleague, and check the news when I'm in the bathroom ;).

3. sphoenix macrumors regular

sphoenix

In that process now, have an iPod touch 4G, just bought a iPad 1G - but sticking with both :D

I can read PDF's just fine, don't know why you can't?
    But the iPod touch has gotta stay, at least maybe until I can afford an iPhone. It also has FaceTime and other stuff so I'm sort of getting the iPad 2 features anyway. As for portability, hell no to the iPad. That's staying home!

OP original question: stick with both for now. You can still sell the Touch after if need be.

4. TheRekz thread starter macrumors regular

Haha...okay then, will try to remember your guys point