going from JB 5.0.1 to stock 5.1.1 3194 error

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
You prob need to modify your hosts file, did you use tiny umbrella?

They have the directions one there site on how to fix this.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
i do yes. I just want to get rid of my JB and go to the new 5.1.1 software.
http://www.iphonestuffs4u.com/iphone-error-3194/

How to fix iPhone error 3194? Is it tough? Is it tedious? Well, to answer all your questions, we list here two simple methods. The iPhone error 3194 is one of those many iTunes errors people get when they have upgraded or downgraded their software. The point to note here is that the iPhone error 3194 mostly occurs where an older firmware is existent or when you downgrade.

The case of iPhone error 3194 is simple. Whenever Apple upgrades its firmware, any old firmware that exists does not get the necessary signing from Apple (signing of the ECID). This prompts the error to be displayed. The iPhone error 3194 is actually quite a simple issue which Cydia tried to overcome through its iTunes-based tricky maneuver. However, even that seems to fail when it comes to rectifying the error. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Manual Method:

Open your hosts file. On Windows, this would be C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and on Mac, you can reach there through Go->Go To Folder->and type /etc.
Once you have the hosts file open, at the end of the file, add this line:
#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
Once you have appended the file with this line and saved it, restart your device and fire up iTunes for the restore. Hopefully, it would do the job!
2. Software – TinyUmbrella

If you think you are not good at tinkering with the hosts file, there is an alternative. But comparatively, both are same. For this method, you will have to download TinyUmbrella – works for both Windows and Mac. Once you have the software, connect your iPhone through USB. Fire up the software. Make sure iTunes is not open at this point of time.
There should be a Save SHSH button. TinyUmbrella will download SHSH Blobs from Cydia resources.
Now click on Start TSS Server button.
Check the Log tab. If you see ‘TSS Server Started!’ and ‘TSS Accepting Connections’ at the end of the Log, it means the work is done.
Try to open gs.apple.com. If it redirects you to Cydia, it means you are now set to do the custom firmware downgrade or restoration. Launch iTunes and restore to the stock or custom IPSW.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I was able to get it to work by using redsnow to put my phone into pwned DFU mode.
Glad you got it, did you want to upgrade to 5.1.1 for any reason? Did it help anything? I'm just curious if 5.1.1 is better on battery or anything. Or maybe your phone was slow after JBing and installing and installing a million tweaks like I do:). Let me know after you test it for a while. Thanks

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Glad you got it, did you want to upgrade to 5.1.1 for any reason? Did it help anything? I'm just curious if 5.1.1 is better on battery or anything. Or maybe your phone was slow after JBing and installing and installing a million tweaks like I do:). Let me know after you test it for a while. Thanks
My phone and battery were a little slower when i was JB on 5.0.1. I have a 4s on ATT. I follow a lot of the JB guys on other social media outlets and saw the JB for 5.1.1 was right around the corner. I wanted to see how much better my battery and perfomance would be without a JB for a few days. The battery does perform a little better now. But i did have a TON of tweaks and such when i was JB. The phone animation is noticably slower since i always use fakeclockup. I am going to JB again when absinthe 2.0 comes out (hopefully tomorrow). When i do JB again, i am only installing the essentials and NO winterboard.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
My phone and battery were a little slower when i was JB on 5.0.1. I have a 4s on ATT. I follow a lot of the JB guys on other social media outlets and saw the JB for 5.1.1 was right around the corner. I wanted to see how much better my battery and perfomance would be without a JB for a few days. The battery does perform a little better now. But i did have a TON of tweaks and such when i was JB. The phone animation is noticably slower since i always use fakeclockup. I am going to JB again when absinthe 2.0 comes out (hopefully tomorrow). When i do JB again, i am only installing the essentials and NO winterboard.
I see. I know a ton of tweaks can slow it down. Not are why no winterboard though its the same as anything, just don't go overboard with it. Personally Ive never seen a noticeable slow down or anything using winterboard. And I love to customize the look of my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.