Going From Macbook Pro 13" to Macbook Pro 15" i5 Experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, May 29, 2010.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    i've had a macbook pro 13" 2.26 with 4gb of ram and 500 gb of hard drive, i needed something a little bit larger ( screen ) and a little bit faster because i dj and produce music on this thing.. so i sold the one i had for 1000 bucks and i got the base macbook pro 15", let me tell you that, this thing flies and its way faster, id say 40 % faster, at least thats how i feel
    thought i should share that

peace

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Well, I stepped up from a late 2007 SR MacBook to the i5 MBP...it is night and day *man*...night and day...:D

3. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Same here, and I feel like I'm in another dimension... This toy is way faster, and the screen is just lovely...

4. uncaduncad macrumors newbie

Well, I don't have any experience with the 15 and it just seemed too big for me. I play keys and loops and stuff, but am no DJ. This screen will work for me. I just received (yesterday) my MBP 13" 2.66 with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD drive. Already loaded up NI Komplete 6 and let me tell ya, this things halls butt!!!

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

And...YES! I STILL have the MB SR original box and all of its contents...LOL
    :p

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Can't beat the form factor on that 13" MBP...it pretty much has it all...:)

7. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

stylinexpat

Agreed..

8. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

9. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

I also thought the 13" was more than enough for me, but after playing one month with this i5 baby I just can say that the 15" screen is just gorgeous...

10. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I watch a lot of tv (Slingbox HD) and HD movies on my laptop so the 13" display was just too small for my needs (I also wanted the Core ix series processor and the slightly better video card for the HD video)...but if I were a student, that 13" would be in my backpack...it's a beauty...the 17" is just too big a computer for my tastes and uses...I don't like the form factor of the 17"...
    The 15" was the perfect sweet-spot for my needs...plus, my Samsung panel is just gorgeous...truly, the color and black levels are outstanding...