going from MBP to MB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JHNguyen, Oct 15, 2007.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Hi,
    I just received a 2ghz intel core duo macbook. The first macbook series to come out. It's loaded with 2 gigs of ram and a 160gb hd. I love it, I had trade my iMac same specs, for the MBP. The only thing I don't really like, is the size. I'm used to my 12" G4 ibook. Though, size is not a huge deal, but it'd be helpful to have a 13" MB. I was just wondering.. is their a huge speed difference. I'd be going from an 2ghz Intel Core Duo to a 2.16 intel core duo 2.. (or higher if they update soon) Are the core duo 2's a huge difference?

The only thing that'd really be a deal breaker is, if it ran faster that my current macbook pro. I thought it might be a good idea since I don't really do any gaming, so the integrated graphics isn't a huge deal. I usually am doing something music related, or school work. Besides the graphics card is their any other huge difference?

I'm only considering it cause..
    1: it's smaller
    2: it may be faster/better (for what I'm doing)
    3: i don't have to worry about the temperature as much and other Revision A problemo's

But then it's not a huge deal to switch. I guess I just like trying all the different macs.. :)

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Core 2 Duos are about 10% faster than Core Duos.