Going from White Macbook to 13" Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by the1payday, Sep 1, 2009.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

In just a few days, I will finally be retiring my White Macbook for a 13" Macbook Pro. I was wanting to know if someone can tell me just how much of a performance increase I will notice going from the below specs to the new machine. I'm getting the 2.53 GHz, 4GB of Ram, MacBook Pro. I'm coming from a White MacBook with a 2.0GHz Core2Duo, 4GB DDR2 Ram, and the Intel GMA 950 graphics chip.

Specifically, how much of an increase do you think I'll notice from the faster processor and the 9400M graphics? I know there isn't just a specific number increase you can give, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I don't think the increase in power will be that great, especially since your current model already has 4gb ram. The 9400m will be good for handling a large monitor if you're doing graphic work.. Other than that, I doubt you will notice the difference. I've never used a gma 950, but I did use a 9400m in a white book for a while and thought it was more than enough for the work I was doing.. (light photoshop while connected to 24" monitor etc..)