Going in a stadium with 110,000 fans...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wrestlepsu99, Sep 2, 2008.

1. wrestlepsu99 macrumors newbie

...and I need a solution for what to do with my iPhone.

I have a Sena Elga leather case with a full body invisibleshield. But, the invisiblesheild won't help if I drop the phone in the stadium. I was debating just leaving it in the car, but, I have to have it handy for emergency reasons.

I am looking for a sturdy case that I can use just for taking it into games. I have the invisible shield on it now, so the case would need to fit over it and be taken off when I come out of the stadium.

Any suggestions?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

How about just not taking it out of your pocket during the game, that way there is no chance of you dropping it.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Pocket and rarely take it out.

Watch the game, not the phone.

4. wrestlepsu99 thread starter macrumors newbie

good points, but, on the chance that I NEED to use it, someone bumps into me....etc... You get the idea.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

6. MissingToof macrumors newbie

Good luck...

just using the phone. I was in a stadium this weekend with 60,000 people, and I couldn't get a text or phone call out... Couldn't use any of my sports scores apps either... very disappointed that AT&T couldn't handle the load in a college town. Actually, I was pissed that AT&T couldn't handle the load.

7. uberzete macrumors newbie

You're gonna be fine. If it were a concert and you had pit tickets thats a different story, but how much trouble can you get into anyway? If you're going to some european soccer match I think you'd have more things to worry about than your phone ;)

8. navigates macrumors 6502a

Are you Crazy !! As its been said
    a) it CAN be replaced
    b) its an over hyped phone device. Look closely, its just plastic and a cheap chrome bezel
    c) If you care so much just don't take the phone or switch sim cards with your old phone.

don't get me wrong, I'm like that too but just don't take it too far. Its the same as getting a new car. You go scratch it yourself and then you'll stop looking at it as a baby.

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

1) Wear Jeans to game.
    2) Put iPhone in Watch Pocket.
    3) Only use iPhone between Innings/Quarters/Periods/During Time Outs
    4) If you drop it pick it up. It will likely survive a fall from 6ft onto concrete, heck it WILL survive being run over by a Semi-Truck (Tractor-Trailer/18 Wheeler).

TEG

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

It's not that hard of a device to hold onto.

I was in the pit with my iPhone. Never once dropped it, used it for pictures and recording audio. It was fine.

11. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

I go to at least 20-40 sporting events and concerts a year (Cubs games, Bears game, Illini football and basketball), and have never had a problem with my phone, and i carry it naked. just don't take it out unless you're at your seat if you're really worried.

12. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Who says a baby can't be replaced? Just make more :)

To OP: Just don't go to the game. It's just not worth it. I hardly leave the house anymore for fear of dropping my iPhone.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP, have you ever been to a stadium before? I mean the chances of you getting bumped so hard that you lose control of yourself, your beer, or your phone are slim. Just relax and enjoy the game, take the phone out as needed.

14. meistervu macrumors 65816

House! I have been in my bunker for the last month. You can never be too cautious.:)

15. iViet macrumors member

the OP is probably the first Amish person to think out of the shell, therefore scared as heck to hurt the iPhone.

16. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

OMG what if all 110,000 people step on the phone at once? STAY HOME! IN THE BASEMENT!

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

We're talking about [Big Ten] football here, I presume? I have only been to the Michigan stadium and the Florida stadium (I believe Michigan is technically some 1300 seats behind PSU, although we do hold the NCAA attendance record, so your seats come with a grain of salt :p )... but I wouldn't worry about it from my experiences of what it's like to be in a football stadium. Even in the Freshman section. Meh, it's fine.

18. dunni macrumors newbie

I don't mean to be rude, is it really that hard to make this decision on your own?

19. one1 macrumors 65816

+3, fear of dropping your phone? Must have been hard to trade that golden calf in on the new iPhone. ;)

20. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I think that you are asking for a little bit much, if you are worrying about somebody accidentally bumping into you while you are making an emergency call at an event that you do not plan on removing your phone from your pocket unless it is for an emergency. Come on man, it is a phone, not your first born child, it can be replaced.

21. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

How did people survive before the iPhone?

22. orangeillini14 macrumors regular

...I'm a little bit shocked right now.

Use your phone as you would normally. It's not like you're in a lion's den, you in the middle, and 110,000 people surrounding you and wanting to kill you for your phone. :|

23. wrestlepsu99 thread starter macrumors newbie

24. wrestlepsu99 thread starter macrumors newbie

My mom has cancer, so, yes, I might NEED it.