Going in a stadium with 110,000 fans...

wrestlepsu99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Lancaster, PA
...and I need a solution for what to do with my iPhone.

I have a Sena Elga leather case with a full body invisibleshield. But, the invisiblesheild won't help if I drop the phone in the stadium. I was debating just leaving it in the car, but, I have to have it handy for emergency reasons.

I am looking for a sturdy case that I can use just for taking it into games. I have the invisible shield on it now, so the case would need to fit over it and be taken off when I come out of the stadium.

Any suggestions?

MissingToof

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Good luck...

just using the phone. I was in a stadium this weekend with 60,000 people, and I couldn't get a text or phone call out... Couldn't use any of my sports scores apps either... very disappointed that AT&T couldn't handle the load in a college town. Actually, I was pissed that AT&T couldn't handle the load.

uberzete

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
Los Angeles
You're gonna be fine. If it were a concert and you had pit tickets thats a different story, but how much trouble can you get into anyway? If you're going to some european soccer match I think you'd have more things to worry about than your phone ;)

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
...and I need a solution for what to do with my iPhone.

I have a Sena Elga leather case with a full body invisibleshield. But, the invisiblesheild won't help if I drop the phone in the stadium. I was debating just leaving it in the car, but, I have to have it handy for emergency reasons.

I am looking for a sturdy case that I can use just for taking it into games. I have the invisible shield on it now, so the case would need to fit over it and be taken off when I come out of the stadium.

Any suggestions?
Are you Crazy !! As its been said
a) it CAN be replaced
b) its an over hyped phone device. Look closely, its just plastic and a cheap chrome bezel
c) If you care so much just don't take the phone or switch sim cards with your old phone.

don't get me wrong, I'm like that too but just don't take it too far. Its the same as getting a new car. You go scratch it yourself and then you'll stop looking at it as a baby.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
1) Wear Jeans to game.
2) Put iPhone in Watch Pocket.
3) Only use iPhone between Innings/Quarters/Periods/During Time Outs
4) If you drop it pick it up. It will likely survive a fall from 6ft onto concrete, heck it WILL survive being run over by a Semi-Truck (Tractor-Trailer/18 Wheeler).

TEG

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
good points, but, on the chance that I NEED to use it, someone bumps into me....etc... You get the idea.
It's not that hard of a device to hold onto.

You're gonna be fine. If it were a concert and you had pit tickets thats a different story, but how much trouble can you get into anyway? If you're going to some european soccer match I think you'd have more things to worry about than your phone ;)
I was in the pit with my iPhone. Never once dropped it, used it for pictures and recording audio. It was fine.

Oskee2001

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
I go to at least 20-40 sporting events and concerts a year (Cubs games, Bears game, Illini football and basketball), and have never had a problem with my phone, and i carry it naked. just don't take it out unless you're at your seat if you're really worried.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
its a phone. not a baby. it CAN be replaced.
Who says a baby can't be replaced? Just make more :)

To OP: Just don't go to the game. It's just not worth it. I hardly leave the house anymore for fear of dropping my iPhone.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
OP, have you ever been to a stadium before? I mean the chances of you getting bumped so hard that you lose control of yourself, your beer, or your phone are slim. Just relax and enjoy the game, take the phone out as needed.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Who says a baby can't be replaced? Just make more :)

To OP: Just don't go to the game. It's just not worth it. I hardly leave the house anymore for fear of dropping my iPhone.
House! I have been in my bunker for the last month. You can never be too cautious.:)

iViet

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
the OP is probably the first Amish person to think out of the shell, therefore scared as heck to hurt the iPhone.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
OMG what if all 110,000 people step on the phone at once? STAY HOME! IN THE BASEMENT!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
OP, have you ever been to a stadium before? I mean the chances of you getting bumped so hard that you lose control of yourself, your beer, or your phone are slim. Just relax and enjoy the game, take the phone out as needed.
We're talking about [Big Ten] football here, I presume? I have only been to the Michigan stadium and the Florida stadium (I believe Michigan is technically some 1300 seats behind PSU, although we do hold the NCAA attendance record, so your seats come with a grain of salt :p )... but I wouldn't worry about it from my experiences of what it's like to be in a football stadium. Even in the Freshman section. Meh, it's fine.

dunni

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
I don't mean to be rude, is it really that hard to make this decision on your own?

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I think that you are asking for a little bit much, if you are worrying about somebody accidentally bumping into you while you are making an emergency call at an event that you do not plan on removing your phone from your pocket unless it is for an emergency. Come on man, it is a phone, not your first born child, it can be replaced.

orangeillini14

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2008
...I'm a little bit shocked right now.

Use your phone as you would normally. It's not like you're in a lion's den, you in the middle, and 110,000 people surrounding you and wanting to kill you for your phone. :|