Going Naked.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appygirl82, Sep 13, 2016.

1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Those that let your phone be naked.....how have they held up?!

I will have my 7+ on the IUP, so to trade it in it just needs to be in working condition and not all messed up.

I am super careful and baby my phones, but they do drop once in a while....I will have AppleCare+ so I suppose that helps :)

2. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Well im usually a comando kind of guy, if i dont drop the phone they look prestine minus the coating on the screen to prevent less fingerprints.

3. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Been naked since 2007. Phone will have a few small scuffs but I buy the phone for me, not for resale. I've even dropped my 6 3 or 4 times. Its fine.

4. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

Really great, actually. Not a single visible scratch/scuff anywhere!

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

After one year, mine usually look better than many iPhones that I see on eBay whose scratches/imprints/rash the sellers blame on the case.

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

This thread is worthless without pics! :)

I already ordered a red silicone case to go wit the black phone...should be hawt

7. TheRaxar macrumors member

Well considering I smash them on Youtube right away, not so well.

8. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

Mine fell into a blender and ended up on a youtube channel.

9. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

If the phones hold up pretty good, I'd definitely like to keep it naked! Since I don't have to worry about resale value anymore :D

I got the matte black so keeping it naked I could enjoy its beauty!:p

10. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I think I am going naked with my Jet Black 7+. I plan on upgrading through AT&T Next for next year, and if I get AppleCare +, that should save me in case of any problems or accidental drops.

11. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I've gone naked with two of my iPhones, everything was fine. A few very, very minor scratches on the back and that was it. It feels great to use the phone the way it was designed. Thin, light, and sexy.

12. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

Naked always, like how I like my woman. ;):p

I look after them very good. :p:p:p:D:D:D

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Keep in mind that handling the iPhone naked is mostly an acquired skill. When I first got my iPhone (the original iPhone), it simply flew out of my hand. Since then I've learned to handle them more securely and you eventually get used to being able to do it without thinking. I haven't dropped any of my iPhones since 2007 or so.

That's why we hear stories like "I've always cased my iPhones but when I tried going naked I dropped it like 3 times before shattering it." Handling it naked is an acquired skill and you'd have to be careful until you get the hang of it.

14. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Been using no case since the 5 (only had a 4s before that). Some fare better than others. My first iPhone 5 got bang'd up so badly that eventually the headphone jack didn't work anymore so I had to pay to get a replacement (expected). At the time, it was $50 so a no-brainer when friends had cases running more than that.

My current iPhone 6 is kinda rough. The corners are banged up a bit and there's a nice little wear spot on the back where it rubs the surface of whatever it's on unevenly because of the camera.

Oh and all up one side is a series of scratches. I have no idea how those happened but I think I accidentally put my keys in with my phone one time. I'm not sure how it could have done all of those so maybe that's not it...

I always tell the story of my iPhone 4s that I babied, made sure I got a pristine one, babied some more, put it in a case, and retired it (gave it to my wife) who had it stolen about a month later. Gone.

Right around that time, my office tried to implement a "no cell phone in the secure area" policy that was laughable. I decided it was far stealthier to carry without a case and plus, who cares? You can baby it all you want and one bump into the pool or whatever and it's done for anyway...

I was set on getting white/silver this time and then they introduced the matte black. Slate of my iPhone 5 had been my favorite so far (though the 6 and 6s black with space gray was a nice change) so once I saw matte black, I was sold.