Going Naked?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JLH81, Dec 6, 2018.

1. JLH81 macrumors newbie

Hi All!

What are my options if I don't want to use a screen protector? I had an S0, and didn't have a scratch when I sold it. Is this the same exact glass? I do have Apple Care plus which I could use if I needed to.

Anyway, I put on a screen protector, and I just hate how it looks on these watches. Is anyone else going naked with no significant issues?

Any thoughts?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You never specified what type of Apple Watch that you actually owned previously, however; yes, the sport model still utilizes the Ion-X glass and the stainless model uses the Sapphire display, which we all know is very highly scratch resistant. I never have used a screen protector or any bumper with the my stainless models, and no scratches at all. Some will say the sport model display scratches easier, which I would say depends on what the display comes into contact with.

3. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

I’ve never used a screen protector or bumper on my Series 3 aluminum (now just over a year old) and it still looks fine - there are a few superficial scratches but nothing too noticeable.

4. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I am on my fourth aluminum watch. I have never used a screen protector and I never scratched any of the screens. The only thing I did scratch was the side of my space grey S2. I smacked it against a door jam - ouch! Normally I don't tend to be hard on my watches.

Lisa

5. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

I’ve been using my Apple Watch naked since it arrived around a month ago.

I lost my job thanks to that and the cold wind on my body is really bracing in these winter times, but I’m sticking with it and I feel much more confident as a result.

6. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

The difference is obvious here in the already posted responses to this thread... if you get a glass model expect minor marks/scuffs in everyday use but likely nothing terrible since the glass is very strong. If you buy a sapphire crystal model? Well I've owned a S0, S3, and S4 and smashed the heck out of it into brick walls, metal edges etc. and there has never, ever been a single mark. Bottom line, glass will get minor marks like an iPhone screen over time, sapphire won't. Your choice and I'm not saying sapphire is the right one, glass likely will be "good enough" for most people.

7. Tom G. macrumors 68010

Tom G.

:pI was going naked but then some prude at the grocery store reported me. The cops made me put some clothes on. Everyone’s a prude anymore.:p

8. JLH81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha
    --- Post Merged, Dec 6, 2018 ---
    BTW, it’s the base model space gray - NO Cellular, just GPS

9. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

10. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

At least it's a lot easier to go naked with the watch.

With the phone, it's tougher. No pockets or anything means you have to hold it the whole time. Lame.