Going one step further!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jophster, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Jophster macrumors member

Ok, so I've got my lovely, gorgeous 27" iMac for which I drool over every time I walk into my room, however....

I feel I know how to use Mac OS X in it's basic form but I want to try to become a bit of a more advanced user, this will of course come with time but perhaps there are some ways of kickstarting that process?

I understand Apple Scripts are a big deal? Maybe someone could point me in the direction of some info?

Basically, I am beyond Dummy stage but now want to get that little bit more from OSX that I know it can deliver?
    Any suggestions for 'the next step'?

I bought Aperture 3 to deal with my increasing library of photos but I could use some dummies guidance on that too!

Any thoughts/suggestions (and flaming/trolling if you so wish) is welcome :)

2. phatqao macrumors member

phatqao

Help is on the way

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

this is a helpful way to get started on understanding the inner workings of the Mac OS - it will teach you how to use the UNIX terminal and 'hack' your mac

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I've used Macs for 8 years, and never used a script

4. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I bought a mac in order to avoid this kind of things scripts, unix etc... They are so easy to use there is really nothing complicated to matter with...

However I am a system admin for several Linux servers and this allows me to get a better understand of the inner working of my mac (even if it's BSD not Linux).