Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drapacioli

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I recently bought an Intel Mac Mini to replace my horribly aged Power Mac G4 MDD, but it seems there's still a market for these windtunnels. Prices vary widely depending on where I look, does anyone have an idea what a good going price is? I'm looking to sell local or possibly over Ebay (but that's a shipping nightmare I'm not sure I want to tackle). It's got the dual 867MHz processors, a Radeon PRO 9000, 1.75GB RAM (1 of the motherboard slots is missing the plastic clip so I can't get a 4th stick in), a 500GB 7200RPM drive, two secondary 120GB drives, an Airport card, runs Leopard, and has both iLife '09, and Final Cut Pro 3 on it. It wouldn't come with any keyboard, mouse, or display. Any ideas what that might be worth? I don't need to sell it fast, but sometime in the next month or two would be nice.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I recently bought an Intel Mac Mini to replace my horribly aged Power Mac G4 MDD, but it seems there's still a market for these windtunnels. Prices vary widely depending on where I look, does anyone have an idea what a good going price is? I'm looking to sell local or possibly over Ebay (but that's a shipping nightmare I'm not sure I want to tackle). It's got the dual 867MHz processors, a Radeon PRO 9000, 1.75GB RAM (1 of the motherboard slots is missing the plastic clip so I can't get a 4th stick in), a 500GB 7200RPM drive, two secondary 120GB drives, an Airport card, runs Leopard, and has both iLife '09, and Final Cut Pro 3 on it. It wouldn't come with any keyboard, mouse, or display. Any ideas what that might be worth? I don't need to sell it fast, but sometime in the next month or two would be nice.

$75.00 - $150.00 depending on the buyer. Then again, prices fluctuate as quickly as the temperature changes outside so keep yourself updated on the going rate on eBay!

drapacioli

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
$75.00 - $150.00 depending on the buyer. Then again, prices fluctuate as quickly as the temperature changes outside so keep yourself updated on the going rate on eBay!

Umm wow, so if I told you I got it 3 years ago for $120 including shipping, was that a steal or has the price really not changed all that much since?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Umm wow, so if I told you I got it 3 years ago for $120 including shipping, was that a steal or has the price really not changed all that much since?

Steal. The price is what someone will pay for it. On eBay that is how much I see higher end MDDs going for, but then when you factor in the slower CPU but upgraded RAM and hard drive I would say $100 if you go eBay. Craigslist will be less obviously.

drapacioli

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Steal. The price is what someone will pay for it. On eBay that is how much I see higher end MDDs going for, but then when you factor in the slower CPU but upgraded RAM and hard drive I would say $100 if you go eBay. Craigslist will be less obviously.

Alright, thanks a lot for the estimate. I can't make heads or tails of the going prices when I look at them myself to be honest, they're far too varied for me to see any patterns. :(

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
On one forum in my country, there is PowerMac G3 and G4 (QS 867) for sale. Condition of G3 is unknown, the G4 has bad power supply. Seller includes ATX power supply which however is not installed. Four hard disks are included, 80GB, 160GB, 250GB and 500GB. There is also external hard drive enclosure.

Current maximum bid is 9€ :)
I would certainly bid but I live too far. Very nice package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.