going price for used iphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdwsta4, Oct 11, 2007.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

the sony ericsson k850 is officially out and while the iphone replaced my se k790, i think it's time to move on from the iphone. i like a lot of it's features, but it lacks in serious departments IMO.
    i bought a 4gb model opening weekend and swapped the rear housing so it's completely black. only problem is the ringer/vibrate switch does not work (can be fixed by taking it apart or volume simply turning down the volume of the ringer).

since the 4gb models are now discontinued, what would a going used price for the phone be? the rear casing alone is $50 not to mention the install time.

thanks!

2. iSwitchd macrumors member

IMO, with the 8gb going for $399 and yours with half the storage, and a malfunctioning button - you'd be lucky to get $200 for it.

3. danny_w macrumors 601

That would be true, except that I have seen all sorts of thing happen on craigslist...

4. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

that's what i was afraid of. for that price i may has well just use it as a backup ipod for business trips and let it collect dust otherwise.

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I wouldn't pay more than $100 for what you described.

Anything over $100, I'd rather just pay full price for a new 8 gig.

But that's me...

7. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

well seeing as you'd get an almost one of a kind housing and not have to sign up for a 2 year agreement.... i think that's a pretty good deal. there's no way you'd find an iphone for $100.

8. sananda macrumors 68020

i don't think the housing is a selling point. and it's broken.

why wouldn't you have to sign up to a 2 year agreement? how else is it going to work as a phone?

9. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I sold my 8 gig unlocked for 535 just 3 hours ago. I'm gonna buy another one soon :D But yeah to give you an idea used ones are still worth something.

However, broken modified ones might not (why would you want to switch the back anyway?). But definitely more than 200 if you can fix that switch.