Going rate for a used 40GB AppleTV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by godslabrat, Apr 17, 2010.

1. godslabrat macrumors 6502

Hi all.

So, after reviewing my options, I'm 99% sure I'm cutting my cable at the end of next month and going internet-only. My primary motivation for this is financial. So, to make it a little easier on myself, I've thought of getting into AppleTV. I'm pretty sure I just want the most basic unit possible, even used, because the ATV is pretty ripe for an update, and I don't want to spend a ton of money when my ultimate goal is to *save* money.

So, I hit eBay looking for one, and it seems even the ones that match what I have in mind are about 100+. That's a downer, because I was hoping to pay the equivalent of one month's cable service (or less). That puts me in the $90 range. I didn't think that was so absurd for a used version of a discontinued product that isn't super popular in the first place.

What would be a good price on this if I WEREN'T looking on eBay? I tried Craigslist, but it seems not many people in my area are selling them.

2. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I bought one here a few weeks ago for 130. If you can get one for 100, it is a good price.

3. godslabrat thread starter macrumors 6502

$100 seems fair to me, $130 seems a tad high because you can get a genuine Apple refurb for $170. Thanks for the help, good to know I wasn't too far off on my budget! :)

4. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

Can't you do like hulu on those and stuff?
    They really need a refresh it's been three years or something now.