Going to a MBP, whats my old gear worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yvovandoorn, Mar 17, 2008.

1. yvovandoorn macrumors regular

So I am ready to buy a Macbook Pro. Actually my girlfriend bought one this weekend and I'm in love.

Right now I own an 20" iMac Intel Core Duo (the original one, not Core 2 Duo or any of the latest one) with 2GB of memory and under Applecare until May 2009 and the last iBook 14" notebook that is not under any Applecare. Both machines work great. Not exhibiting any weirdness. I still have the box for the iMac and original disks. I don't have anything but the charger for the iBook (I can't find the box anywhere :-().

So I was planning on selling both and then getting the MBP and buy a separate LCD later for when I have the laptop at home. My thought was putting them on Craigslist (is this a bad idea?).

My price for the 20" iMac Intel Core Duo would be $900
    The price for the 14" iBook is $500.
    Is it too much, too little? I don't have pics up now but assume that both are in great condition with the laptop having no damage other then light scratches on the outside and the rubber feet not being there anymore.

PS If I posted this in the wrong forum... I'm sorry.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

www.mac2sell.net

4 more posts and you can put them up for sale in the Marketplace forum.

3. yvovandoorn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. Seems I'm having problems with their website (when I want to get an estimate, I get an error indicating I need to select my frequency for my cpu when I have done so). Sent them an email and I'll wait for a reply.