Going to a network folder

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by underdog43, May 24, 2009.

1. underdog43 macrumors newbie

Hey, I just bought my long time wanted first mac 2 weeks ago. So here's the deal, I'm trying to install network printer's drivers in my school. There is a help page about it for windows users that says "go to; start-> run and then type in \\pas". I tried to type \\pas in finder's go to folder section but it didnt work. what should I do?

thanks.

2. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Are you trying to install the actual drivers or just trying to connect to the network printer? The drivers may already be installed, Leopard comes with quite a few pre-installed printer drivers. You can check here to make sure your printer's driver is included with Leopard http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1370.

If you're trying to connect to the printer try going to System Preferences > Print & Fax then click the "+" towards the bottom left, click on Windows at the top and if you're connected to the network the workgroup/host/printer should show up as you select the one you want.

3. underdog43 thread starter macrumors newbie

I already done that but no printer appeared there.

4. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

If your school's printers are directly on the network, with fixed IP addresses, you can go:

System Prefs:
    Print&Fax:
    "+":
    IP:
    and put the printer's IP address directly in the Address: box.