Going to a prepaid plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by detweiler, Dec 26, 2013.

1. detweiler macrumors newbie

I purchased the iPhone 5C for use on a Verizon family plan. I'm now leaving the plan and want to sign up with a 4G LTE-capable prepaid plan with AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint (or their subsidiaries). Are any of these not compatible with my phone?
    Thanks.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Sprint won't be but AT&T and T-Mobile yes. Whether or not you'll get LTE, I don't know.

T-Mobile has a great prepaid plan as well. I'm currently on it - 100 minutes, 5GB of 4G/LTE data (throttled), and unlimited text for $30/month + tax.

3. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

Timely thread for me.

I have a 4S that I was going to retire and use as an iPod but started thinking it could be useful for a family member who will use it very minimally.

Any idea if you go to the ATT GoPhone plan if iMessages will still work? I assume that Wifi will work as before?

If I don't get a cell plan can iMessages still be active on it?

4. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

The Verizon iPhone 5C and 5S support ATT and T-Mobile LTE/AWS 4G.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

And for the longest iv'e been trying to get my Verizon 5S working on Sprint but no luck so far :/ it might work with a Sprint iPad Data plan, but thats what im working on at the moment.

In the meantime Im using AT&T and using 25GB on AT&T 3G, VOIP texting & unlimited incoming calls and 500 minutes outgoing on regular phone for $30 a month.

5. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

Can you share more about this plan? Is it the ATT GoPhone plan? I can seem to find anything that matches what you're getting.

Thanks!

6. JOSE891, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013

JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Well, I can't really give out any names because they may fix it.
    But basically it involves using a foreign sim roaming on AT&T's network, Renting a US Number, Using Goole Voice for Texting & Incoming and Outgoing calls.
    People just reach me at one number for texting and calling and I use Google Voice to make outgoing calls using the same number.

7. NY Guitarist, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013

NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

Ah... ok. I'm giving this phone with a prepay plan to a relative. Workarounds will be too much to effort, but thanks for the info.