going to apple to fix iphone.. bought from ebay??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sagarrana55, Dec 12, 2008.

1. sagarrana55 macrumors member

hey guys i am buying iphone from ebay.. and i have question if something happen to my iphone.. can i take it to apple to fix it?? will they ask me for receipt?? pls help...

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Did you ask the seller if it's still under warranty? And nothing ever happened to void the warranty?

3. iAmBeer macrumors newbie

Do you have a sim card that comes with iPhone??
    If you have it and your iPhone is still under warranty everything should be fine

4. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

Apple is usually good about repairs under warranty even if you aren't the original buyer.

They can check the serial number to see if it's under warranty. That's all they care about.

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Enter the serial number on their website. That will tell you the warranty status. Also I would recommend the Apple Care Protection plan. Extends it another year. As long as your phone is restored before you go in the Apple store for repairs then theyll help you.

6. Sysbase macrumors member

Sysbase

[​IMG]

7. Easyrebates macrumors newbie

you can input the serial number here:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

and it will tell you the warranty info and repair options on the iPhone.

Just make sure the seller sends you a picture of the serial number to verify that it is the same as the one that is being sold. I bought and sold some on ebay and as long as you buy from someone with good reviews and gives you detailed info on the listing.

good luck :)[​IMG]

8. sagarrana55 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for your help guys ... but i am using t-mobile.. what should i do when i go to apple store... i don;t have att sim card.. and yes my iphone still has 5 months of warranty

9. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

If it's using a T-Mobile SIM card, then it's unlocked.

If it's unlocked, then it was either purchased in a country where SIM locks are prohibited or otherwise limited, or else it was unlocked by unauthorized means.

If it is a legitimately unlocked international iPhone, then Apple will be able to tell which country it came from by looking at its Part #, and it can only be serviced by the Apple representative in its original country of sale.

If it is an iPhone that was unlocked by unauthorized means, then you'll probably want to at least relock it and remove your T-Mobile SIM card before you return it to Apple for service. If they ask you where the SIM is, just tell them you want to hold on to it for use in a back-up phone until the repair is complete.