Going to burn AT&T and Apple to the ground!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patdesignsinc, Jul 30, 2009.

1. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Ever notice that when you take your iPhone to AT&T, they tell you to go to Apple and if you bought your phone from AT&T that you have to take it back to them? Nobody wants to claim ownership for a faulty product. Since the release date of the 3GS, I've owned the 32gb white. Well, the signal constantly flip flops from full 3G signal to edge to no signal. I've restored several times, hard reset, new sim card, etc... no resolution. I took it Apple a few days after buying it and they told me I had to take it to AT&T. They told me I had to take it back to Apple. Then, they said they would fully outright exchange my phone for a brand new one out of the box when they got a new shipment. They said they would call me. July 29 and no call so I went back to AT&T. They said that Apple's policy states anything over 30 days must be returned to Apple. They just got in a new shipment four days ago. I went to Apple and they want to give me a refurbished white box phone. Usually I don't mind refurbished iPhones, I've had several of them with the first gen iPhone, but this is ridiculous!

And by the way, I got one of those "cracks", but not a hairline one. It's pretty big and you can actually feel the crack with your finger nail.

2. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I understand that you are upset, but i don't think you had to return the phone. AT&T has issues with their cell towers all over the place. Every now and then, my signal will go to EDGE or GPRS, and i will fluctuate from 1 to 5 bars throughout the day, from inside my house. I agree that they never take responsibility for their products, but it's really Apple's product, so always go to them first. And, if it has a crack in it, tell them and try to get another ASAP

3. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

That makes no sense, the people in your Apple store are just being dicks.
    I brought my [AT&T purchased] iPhone 3G to the Apple store, and all they did was check to see that it was still in warranty, then replaced it for me.

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I went through the same thing as the OP on launch day. I pre-ordered my phone through AT&T and picked it up there. There was an issue and I went back there to exchange it. They said go to Apple. Apple said AT&T and so on so forth.

AT&T IS RESPONSIBLE for exchanging the phone. Period. They sold it to you. Whether its for the first 15 or 30 days, I still don't know the answer to that question. Anytime after that, Apple is in charge of replacing the phone with a refurbished phone under warranty.

If the phone is DEFECTIVE, you return it to wherever you purchased it to exchange it or get a refund. Apple, AT&T, Best Buy - whatever. If AT&T tells you otherwise - they LIE.

Now, if Apple is not replacing your phone with a new one, they can't. You did not BUY IT from them. They can only do warranty exchanges (past 30 days) or repair your current phone. Apple has NEW stock and WARRANTY stock.

My phone is from Best Buy. I can't take it to Apple and exchange it for new. They would only do a warranty exchange. I would need to go back to Best Buy for a new phone exchange.

5. patdesignsinc thread starter macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Yeah, but I've had a 3G and my wife has the 3G and we've never had this problem in our house. Plus, my sister-in-law has the 3GS and she can be standing next me in my house and her phone works fine. It literally is not AT&T's cell service. We've always had great coverage here. The crack issue worries me because they may think I abuse the phone, but I baby this thing like my own newborn. I think I'll just have to suck it up and get a refurb. Thanks for the response.

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Careful with that burn down to the ground stuff, Homeland security may be knocking at your door and they carry Blackberries:D

7. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I wouldn't go that far, but ya, you might not wanna say stuff that drastic. I understand you're mad, but take it down a notch

8. patdesignsinc thread starter macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Haha. That made my day!

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Stop the hyperbole.

The thread title did made me click in to see what was the complaint. But I already knew it was going to be a waaaambulance type one.

You know - if anything ever did happen to your local att or apple store it would take about 2 seconds for MCR to hand over your registration information with a court order.

Think before you post. Yeah - and anyone that wants to jump on me saying that that ain't gonna happen - you're probably right. But even so - the thread topic posted is the equivalent of a 2 year old throwing himself on the ground crying.

10. cmaier macrumors G3

11. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

"The thread title did made me click in to see what was the complaint. But I already knew it was going to be a waaaambulance type one."

Good one, that was funny:D LMAO

12. aristobrat macrumors G4

Refurbs get a new exterior shell and a new battery, so hopefully it's not too much for you to suck up.