Going to buy 2010 need pricing info, Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Zak.V, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Zak.V macrumors member

I currently have a 09 2.53 13" MBP. I game a lot and im studying mechanical engineering. I have done a couple side projects getting my feet wet with cad/cam. Making random objects and designing an intake for a turbo iroc. I quickly noticed the power requirements/memory usage involved.

I upgraded to 8gb and it made a big difference but still gets bogged out for more complex operations.

Im looking to get a 2010 pro. I want to buy one computer to last me 5-6 years. My options are 2.8 with 5870 and upgrade later or hex core with 5870 now and love the power.

Ill be taking out a loan and just would like to know what taxes/fees apply to the purchase. i have a budget in mind and would like to pick up a good set of headphones at the same time.

Help me figure out the final price. Thanks

2. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

so to the apple canada education online store, you're a student you get the discount. Look at apple for the basic cofiguration and add hdd and ram from 3rd party (newegg.ca, ncix.com) to save more money.

3. Zak.V thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thats the plan.

Its just when you step by step the checkout it says taxes and fees are charged at the end. Just wondering if i can see those somehow in advance so i can plan out my money end of things

4. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

your taxes will be the standard Ontario taxes(13% hst IIRC), plus any environmental levies 7.80/desktop, .40 each for the keyboard and mouse or 20.85 for a desktop, mouse, keyboard and monitor.

digging around the internet that is what i came up with. Our taxes are slightly different here in Alberta, only 5% gst + environmental levy