Going to buy a MBP Soon...But when?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mbpdreamer, Sep 20, 2009.

  1. mbpdreamer macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    #1
    Hey guys!

    I currently have a 2008 white Macbook currently. (2.4ghz 2gb ram, etc). I am thinking about buying a Macbook Pro, the new unibodies are REALLY nice. :p

    I was wondering: since I'm not in too much of a rush to buy one, should I wait until the next refresh? I've heard some rumors about having ATI Graphics, that are supposedly way better than nVidia chips?

    Anyways, bottom line is: Do I buy one now or when the refreshes come out? If not, then does anyone know of at least the month of when they refreshes will be rolled out?

    Thanks!
     
  2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas
    #2
    It depends on how long you are willing to wait for said refreshes.
     
  3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

    MacMini2009

    Joined:
    May 22, 2009
    Location:
    California
    #3
    Buy now. They might be updated around February-June 2010 because that is when Intel is releasing new mobile processors.
     
  4. AAPLaday Guest

    AAPLaday

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Location:
    Manchester UK
    #4
    Go get yourself a refurb if you can. That way you save money and can use the extra for other things :)
     
  5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas
    #5
    There seems to be some significant thought towards an October release, although that might just be a false hope.
     
  6. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    #6
    i'd buy now, gambling apple's new products is a risky game [​IMG] also, even if they did release a new one a month or 2 after you bought one, yours would still be amazing
     
  7. mbpdreamer thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    #7
    When I said "buy now" I actually meant more like end of October, as that is when I will get my bonus and paycheck :D haha!

    If Apple does release an update in October, how long should I wait to make sure all the kinks have been worked out before buying one? A few weeks? A month?
     
  8. Eric S. macrumors 68040

    Eric S.

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2008
    Location:
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    #8
    Any update we would see that soon would be pretty minor. If it were a new cpu architecture (like Arrandale which should be coming next year), then I would wait a bit to see if any problems were reported.
     
  9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #9
    Put 4 gigs and a 7200 rpm hard drive in your current rig, and keep on truckin'. The two updates will make it feel like a new machine to you, and you might as well squeeze every last minute of use you can out of a system you've already paid for.
     
  10. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

    nick1516

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    #10
    I would say wait, you have a fairly current macbook, so you should be able to wait until next year to see any significant improvements:cool:
     
  11. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Location:
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    #11
    ... +1, there's no "real" reason to upgrade to a whole new computer from the machine you have to a MBP besides "wanting" it... the machine you have now will be fine for the next few years until the architectural changes are a bit more drastic than the current offerings...
     

Share This Page