What are you going to be using it for?seenew said:I really want to go ahead and buy it now, but I'm worried that as soon as I buy it in June or July, it will be upgraded by August or September. Should I wait? Will the Core2's be in by then?
Crank the RAM to 2GB and you'll be fine, and you can always keep it as a 2nd machine afterwoods.seenew said:Honestly, I can keep using this comp as long as I have to, since I just got out for summer, and I won't be doing a whole lot besides using the internet and editing photos, but check out these stats, haha:
800Mhz G4 eMac, 512MB RAM, GeForce2
So yeah, that's why I am so eager. But if you say it could be updated that soon, I'll definitely wait. It's not in me to be patient, but I'm gonna be stuck with this new machine through the next four years of college (at least), so I want it to be good.
As for what I'll be doing with it, editing high-res photos, maybe some video, and Flash websites. I'm going to the Savannah College of Art and Design in September (graduated high school yesterday!), so I CAN wait, I just don't WANT to. But I guess no one ever does want to. Hah.