Going to Buy An Ipod Touch, but..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KBV1, Dec 26, 2007.

1. KBV1 macrumors regular

KBV1

But which one?

Should i get the 8gb or 16gb. Is there any point paying the extra £40-£60 to get another 8gb? i very doubt i will ever fill it with MP3's but im thinking of photos, vids, software, games etc etc...

What you suggest?

Also where is the cheapest place to get them from on the high street, cheapest i have found is £140 for 16gb on a well known internet store.

thanks in advance.

2. stupendusboi macrumors member

personally... i have TONS of Photos and Videos. Likeee more than 20 gigs? And it is so easy to swap out movies and Tv Shows. I mean, when are u gonna watch the same video over and over again... and photos take up minimal room. So i say get the 8 gig. THe games arent even like 1 MEGAbyte. lol.. Save the extra money and buy yourself something nice? a case?

hope this advice helps ;)

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That decision has to be made by you. You're the only one who knows how much music you have, how many photos are in your library, and how many videos you want to carry with you.

If you think you can fill the space (or want room for expandability), and you have the money, you should probably get the 16 GB. If you only want to store 1 movie at a time, and just a few photo albums (not 1000s of photos) then maybe the 8 GB is for you.

4. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

If you pay $300 for 8 gigs of space why not pay $100 and get TWICE that amount of space for a 3rd of the original price?

5. stupendusboi macrumors member

Lol.. thats exactly how apple wants u to think!

6. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Because it is the smartest decision you can make.

7. KurtangleTN macrumors 6502a

I went with the 8 Gig, mainly because I figure with WiFi, and things like Orb I won't really run out of space.

The problem is of course you need Wifi to access things like Orb.

So if you aren't in a Wifi zone a lot you might want to go for the 16.

8. David G. macrumors 6502a

I went with the 16GB model and I am very happy that I decided to pay 100USD more for it.

9. bob909bob macrumors member

I think that the 8gb is best for most people. You can still fit a ton of music and movies on it. Yeah some people will say that it's worth the extra money, but unless you have to have the extra memory it's definitley not worth it. I plan on getting the 8gb and if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for you too:)

10. sananda macrumors 68020

i'll take one of those at that price.

11. albinoAZN macrumors regular

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm pretty sure that you're not paying $300 for two flash chips... The device itself it worth a lot more than just the memory...

13. tefleming macrumors 6502

I haven't regretted my 16gb touch. It depends on how long you go between syncs.

I enjoyed being able to load up a whole season of TV shows for a trip and not have to worry about running out.

I probably keep 3-4GB of music on it; the amount of video is what varies greatly (at least 2GB - sometimes upwards of 10GB).

14. MonkeyClaw macrumors regular

MonkeyClaw

i have an 8gb touch and while i consider it the greatest consumer device created, i must say, i kinda wish i had opted for the 16 gb just because of how much music i have. but if you dont have a lot of music, then you're set and really, when i am in the mood to have a certain artist on my ipod, i just have to sync it, so its really not that big of a deal. its all up to you though...

15. Hmac macrumors 68020

My wife bought me an iPod Touch, and I agree it is one of the most amazing pieces of consumer electronics I've ever seen. Amazing. Brilliantly thought out.

My iPod video 60 gig never had more than about 16 gig on it. Now, with this 16 gig Touch, I don't have near enough room. Lot's of syncing and box checking and it works fine, but the device is so sophisticated that a) I'm more inclined to use it and b) I use it for bigger video files.