Price Advice Going to buy IMAC... Help me decide which one PLEASE

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bjackrel, Feb 16, 2012.

1. bjackrel macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

PC user here ready to make the switch. I have done a lot of research on the IMAC the last month and I want one. I have the money to make the jump to the 27" but I want your opinions first. I think the best way is to explain what I will be using it for... here it goes!

I work for a company called Moto Electric... I will be doing a lot of picture taking, putting it onto Iphoto, adjusting it, and uploading the pictures to the website (www.motoelectricvehicles.com)

I also will be doing videos all the time.. planning to do a review on each vehicle which means I movie will be used quite a bit. I do not plan on playing games on the computer at all.. it will be at my desk in the office. Other than that, I will just be using internet along with any other cool apps like PhotoShop CS5 etc.

I know I can get RAM for cheap... not worried about RAM. But do I really need the I7? What about the SSD.. I know standard they come with a 1TB HDD. What you guys think? Also.. what about the display.. 27" really worth the 400.00 for what I am doing?

Thanks for your help!

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

27inch is awesome

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Go with type bigger screen and the SSD will be a nice upgrade to make it fly pretty fast.
    You can get idea of buying the SSD from www.macsales.com, also external HDD for backups, and RAM.
    You can always connect it to another Display or with the future OS X Mountain Lion you will be able to do air play and see you Mac on a TV.

If you can wait until new models are out wait, but if you need it right now go for it.

4. kratoss macrumors newbie

Whatever you do, get the SSD. Speed diff is night and day.