going to buy SquareTrade warranty? do it within 30 days!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icewing, Oct 15, 2008.

1. icewing macrumors 6502

Just a warning to procrastinators like myself. I got my iPhone on Aug 31st, it's now 46 days old...but to get the SquareTrade warranty with Accidental Damage from Handling, you HAVE to do it within 30 days! You can still get a "standard" warranty, but that doesn't cover damage from dropping or spills.

I'm really irritated with myself now! :mad:

Hope this helps someone avoid the same fate... :eek:

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Yeah I choose not to get it as I didn't have the extra cash. But my mom drops everything! So I stayed on her to get it she got it in time but glad I knew of the 30days before hand. To bad there is not another service that gives you like 60 days. But in the fairness of square trade 30 days is a lot seeing as something could happen with in that time easy.

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I don't believe SquareTrade asks for proof of purchase though.

4. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

They ask when it was purchased when you sign up for the service and if you lie about it they will catch it if you ever need service because a receipt is required to get warranty service.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Sorry about that - I should have clarified better. I meant that they don't ask you for proof of purchase when you first sign up, but they do ask for your date of purchase. Luckily I haven't had to make a claim yet but I'm sure they will ask for some type of proof of purchase when/if I make a claim. Getting an extended warranty was one of the first things I did when I got my 3G - it's cheap enough and gives you good peace of mind.