Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Ok, I want to wipe my hd and do a clean install of Tiger, so I obviously want to back up all my stuff. This is the problem though, I can't find my Photoshop 7.0 box/cd/anything!!! I found all my illustrator stuff, but I must have lost my PS stuff when I moved. Anyway, if I just copy the PS folder in Applications, can I put it on a CD and then place it back into appications or are there some hidden files I will need? Or is it just impossible to do it that way? Thanks. I also, since I can't find the box or anything, don't have the codes. I'd really rather not have to go buy PS CS...although it would be a good excuse to buy CS, its just a matter of I don't have the $$ for that right now. Anyway, thanks.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
joecool85 said:
Ok, I want to wipe my hd and do a clean install of Tiger, so I obviously want to back up all my stuff. This is the problem though, I can't find my Photoshop 7.0 box/cd/anything!!! I found all my illustrator stuff, but I must have lost my PS stuff when I moved. Anyway, if I just copy the PS folder in Applications, can I put it on a CD and then place it back into appications or are there some hidden files I will need? Or is it just impossible to do it that way? Thanks. I also, since I can't find the box or anything, don't have the codes. I'd really rather not have to go buy PS CS...although it would be a good excuse to buy CS, its just a matter of I don't have the $$ for that right now. Anyway, thanks.

You can just copy the folder onto a CD and the drag it back to the Apps folder.

I know some people like clean installs, but Archive and Install will do the same thing and retain all of your settings, apps, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.