going to genious bar, have a question....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vinnie Madrox, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

ok, my fiance's 3gs is on 4.0.1 and jailbroken with jailbreakme. we are bringing her phone into the apple store cause her volume rocker is VERY flimsy and her screen is popping out of the case a little on the top {case = back of phone, not 3rd party case}. anyway, i'm going to restore her phone back to 4.1 and bring it in for a warranty replacement.

here's my question. when she gets her new phone, it will probably come with 4.1 installed, which is fine with me, cause i can use greenp0isin to jailbreak it. i'm worried that the douche at the apple store will "be nice" and upgrade her to 4.2 before giving her the new phone. has anyone had this happen? she REALLY doesn't want a tethered jailbreak......

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If the Genius opens the iPhone box, then they'll update it to the new iOS. I believe it's their policy. Or you can tell the Genius you could do the activating at home, it could work.

3. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

i'll defiantly give that a try LoL

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, I hate douchebags that are trying to be helpful to their customers.

5. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

I meant without asking me first. I don't want him to update the firmware without telling me he's doing it. Now that i know it's {supposedly} store policy for them to update it if the box is open, i can just ask him to not open the box and let me do it at home

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

He is not going to sneak in the update lol. If he tries to do it he is trying to be helpful. I have exchanged 2 phones. I simply said I will sync it at home I'm in abet of a hurry. The genus never questioned it further.