Going to get my iTouch audio jack fixed but..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GiveUpTheGhost, Nov 2, 2011.

1. GiveUpTheGhost, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011

GiveUpTheGhost macrumors newbie

I'm going in for the audio jack to get repaired because a friend of mine took a look at it after I was complaining about noise issues and he said he saw a ring missing but I just noticed a small crack on the top left corner of the iPod, it's not even on the screen but now I'm worried that they won't be willing to do anything with it without charging me a lot. It's still under warranty.
    Do you guys know if this will change anything cost wise?

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

If you think the issue is unrelated to the crack, don't show it to them. If they notice it, say "oh, I've never noticed that before. Does this change anything?" If the genius says yes it will cost $200 (cost for an OOW replacement), say "really? That crack is so insignificant and so far away from the area where the problem resides, I don't think it is related." Then use logic and reason to talk the genius into replacing the iPod free under warranty. I had dropped my MBP which resulted in a dent, and a few months after this incident, my MBP failed to boot. Took it into the genius bar, didn't mention the dent, and I walk out without my MBP as they were repairing it. Now, I just got my MBP back and they replaced the display assembly (where the dent was) for an unrelated issue, the topcase (where a much smaller dent was from the same incident) for another unrelated issue, and the logic board for the issue that it wouldn't boot. I just acted as if the dent wasn't there and the genius was none the wiser. I also believed that the dent was completely unrelated to the MBP failing to boot.

YMMV