Phones Going to go back for a while, probably

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by lavrishevo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. lavrishevo, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Gave up the my iPhone 4s few years ago for a Samsung Galaxy S3. Now have the S4. I am digging the Apple Watch and figured why not. Ordered the 6+. I like the big screen. Kind of disappointing with only a 8 megapixel camera but I want to play with it in person before I judge it too much. If I don't think it's worth it I'll return it for the Note 4 possibly or Alpha. I think the only thing I'm going to miss a lot though is my free tethering I have with my rooted S4. I wonder how long it's going to take to jailbreak the 6. I do also have the sim adapter kit so I can easily swap my sim back to the S4 for certain needs but that is a bit of a pain. Anyway, hope the phone holds up to the hype. We shall see...

2. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Going with you like the goldfish in Jerry McGuire!

I hold no ill will towards Android but I am deep in the Apple ecosystem and looking forward to the continuity features across my devices.

I have always enjoyed the iPhone camera due to how quick it snaps pics and focuses over any Android phone I have used so looking forward to the IP6+ new camera features.

3. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'll probably be going back as well, mostly for Apple Watch. Not sure when. Probably before the year is over.

I actually want to play with the demo models of the 6 and 6+ before making any real decisions.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

5. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

be careful if you use that sim adapter kit!
    heard too many horror stories! bending the pins inside is a serious repair

6. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Yeah it's ironic - I'm not that bothered about the iPhone 6 but I do really like the look of the Apple Watch.

7. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I just ordered mine 1/2 hour ago and it will take 3 weeks or so to get here. Not a big deal. Funny though, people are going nuts in the iPhone forum about the shipping time... lol Patience grasshopper...

----------

I will. I found the best one I could find on Amazon. Best rated. I have also read about people screwing things up with these.

http://www.amazon.com/MediaDevil-Si...F8&qid=1410548201&sr=8-1&keywords=sim+adapter

8. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Going back to Apple as well with the IP6. I saw cases of the 6+ and it reminds me of the LG Flex. I think it looks ugly with the long face...

Moving away from the G3 back to Apple.

9. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

If you're careful about how you insert the sim card, you won't have a problem. I've used two different brands from Amazon and switched quite a bit over the last 2 years and haven't had any issues.

10. lavrishevo, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

There are a decent amount of cases showing up on Amazon for the 6+. Apple's prices are a total ripoff anyway. I never order accessories through them.

Going to give this one a try. At least have something to protect it when it comes in.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LL987W2/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

12. rrl macrumors 6502

rrl

@moderators

Can you please move this thread to an iPhone or iOS forum. Thanks!