Going to install Win XP on my mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by NeedHelpFast, Jan 13, 2011.

1. NeedHelpFast macrumors newbie

Last time i did this i ended up reinstalling my whole computer because i took out the Cd under the installation. And it don't seems like that i partitioned it or what it's called.

I have done it now but i did go back and i shut down bootcamp assistent and now i have 2 harddrivs machintosh Hd and Bootcamp but what i was wondering about is that if i going to install will the install be made on the bootcamp harddrive automatically?:confused:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Bootcamp Assistant has a guide that you can print and follow

And before doing anything, I always suggest having a current backup

3. NeedHelpFast thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast answer, but i have no print and i already have a backup.

4. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

Here is a detailed guide to do just this:
    Install Windows XP on Mac

If you cannot print the instructions, and you cannot access them online while doing this work, you should write them down. It is actually a pretty simple process and Apple's very direct instructions are great, but if you do the wrong thing or start to explore (especially at the screen in the Windows boot where you can format, etc.) you can create surprises for yourself.

5. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

Not knowing what Mac you are talking about, I will offer my experience. Since mine is not really a Mac, the results may be different from yours.

My latest Hackintosh is a Core i7 Quad running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on the first HD, 10.6.4 on the second HD and Windows 7 64 bit on the third HD.

I tried to install XP, but the hardware would not accept it so I was forced to buy Win 7.

If Apple ever makes a Mac Pro Mini, I will buy it. I am not into computers inside a monitor, but I am not saying that an iMac is a bad computer. I just like to tinker with my computers.