going to london...a few questions about power

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firedogut, Sep 10, 2009.

1. firedogut macrumors regular

I'm traveling to London in a few days and a had a few questions about charging my iPhone.

I have the adapter for the plugs however do i need an power inverter?
    Can the iphone handle an input of 220-240V instead of the 110-120V in North America?

i'm sure it says it on the iphone charger however i can't read mine. the gray text on a gray background mixed with small font size make is hard to read.

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

The phone charger can handle both. You only need the adapter, no inverter.

3. ldobson macrumors regular

Yeah it will work fine in the UK, with just the two-prong to three-prong adapter, as will most every appliance you could possible take.

4. firedogut thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys

why would apple use gray and gray text and then not put the specs on the website....ugggg

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I don't know why they make it so hard to read the specs on the charger. I can confirm from personal experience on the European continent that the charger for the original iPhone and for the 3G work fine with only a plug adapter. Same must be true then for the UK and Ireland, although the adapter will be different.

6. sjdigital macrumors regular

Apple do of course sell the UK three pin plug for the iPhone charger but they only sell it as part of a kit of six international adapters - see here

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

To make it so it's harder to read and therefore does not to take away from whatever else they're trying to sell.

8. Skengman macrumors member

Skengman

I just read a review on this link, and it talked about frying devices if you use the wrong product. I only scanned it as I am at work but I would advise that you read it just incase...

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

10. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

In every airport these days you can buy cheap plug adaptors that'll fit just about any socket.

As long as the text states "100-120v, 200-240v" on the power adaptor of the device itself, you're ok.